MJMcVey

Late to the Show

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 06:22

Hello All,

Soooo frustrated because I just got the news about this site and what do you know, the donation period is over.
This seems to be such an awesome idea and I missed the boat.....ggaaahhh!!!!
So, as a late comer to all this greatness that has passed me by how can I change from a neophyte to an initiate?
I saw Benjamin Rushton's link to the Discord, which seems like a nice way to RP together, but with no book or rules I can not play.Not distraught per se just extremely bummed and am hopeful for a future chance or reprieve for my unintentioned tardiness.   
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I can fix this dilemma?

Michael 
MJMcVey a.k.a. MadMonkZero

aka_fatman

Re: Late to the Show

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 08:01

Hello All,

Soooo frustrated because I just got the news about this site and what do you know, the donation period is over.
This seems to be such an awesome idea and I missed the boat.....ggaaahhh!!!!
So, as a late comer to all this greatness that has passed me by how can I change from a neophyte to an initiate?
I saw Benjamin Rushton's link to the Discord, which seems like a nice way to RP together, but with no book or rules I can not play.Not distraught per se just extremely bummed and am hopeful for a future chance or reprieve for my unintentioned tardiness.   
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I can fix this dilemma?

Michael 
Well, the Fria Ligan guys are still hard at work to get the Beta released before Christmas so you may see if anyone on here might run a game over Skype or something. I'm sure they'd love to hear as much feedback before they launch officially. The actual books will come out around February (that's the aim) so you'll probably be able to get digital/physical copies around then.

BenjieRPG

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:57

I'm sure once you get on the discord you'll be able to get into a group.

If you send me a message on there (I am Benjamin) I can keep an eye on you too.

From experience though with their other IP, Coriolis, I commented and asked if there were any basic player handouts and such for Coriolis so I can play over the interwebs with some friends. They said the following:
"@Benjamin Rushton: As a backer you will get the full PDF of the game, and you can share this within your gaming group (but please don't share it outside of the group). The entire core rulebook with the exception of the scenarios at the end are fine for players to read."

Not sure if their policy is the same for this though, however they seem like a great company to have this as an option in the first place.

I would NOT however rely on this info as the norm, and I would be almost certain that the best method is to buy the book asap.

MJMcVey

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 18:12

Thank you Fatman, what a great idea. I will be sure to stay glued to this forum for any updates for a chance to beta test. Hopefully by doing so I will find out how to get physical copies in February. 

And Ben, I really appreciate the idea and the offer to assist. I have never used an online gaming platform before, hell i don't even have a camera/mic set up. But I will join discord and with some luck get that done today and shoot you a quick PM. And I won't hold you to that general info that you shared. I can see why it would still be ok but I can also see why the folks at Fria Ligan would want to protect things. 

So far really hyped about the game and the community seems awesome to. Look forward to getting a chance to do some venturing with everyone.  
MJMcVey a.k.a. MadMonkZero
GZIP: Off