Björn Hellqvist
Topic Author

Signs of the times

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 03:57

Here's a selection of Swedish warning and no trespassing signs that could come in handy, adding some local colour.

"No trespassing. Guardians are responsible for their children."
"No access for unauthorised. Parents who let the children play in this workplace are responsible for both accidents as well as damage caused. The labour management."

“Access, photography, etc, prohibited. It’s prohibited for unauthorised persons to access, photograph or otherwise depict or describe this area or bring explosives within the same. Trespassing is penalized with fines or prison.”

"Lethal voltage. Unauthorised have no access."
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

Björn Hellqvist
Topic Author

Re: Signs of the times

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 20:58

So when are you trespassing, and when do you not? We have the right of public access (allemansrätten), which allows for more than e.g. Americans are used to. No risk of farmer Johansson yelling at you and brandishing his shotgun just because you cross a fallow field. Basically, as long as you are careful and show respect for privacy, you can cross - and even camp - on private property.

Allemansrätten (in English)
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

ierthling

Re: Signs of the times

Sun 18 Dec 2016, 21:43

These are great! Very evocative - thanks Björn!