Mineral
Topic Author

Compilation of admin given info.

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 23:30

Hi!

The differences are a little to many too list here, but I will try to shed some light on the subject. The Tales from the Loop RPG uses the same core game engine as Mutant: Year Zero - there are four attributes and twelve skills, you get one die for each point in the attribute and skill used, gear can get you extra dice, and you need to roll at least one six to succeed. The main difference is that there is less focus on combat and things like critical injuries - instead TFLP RPG uses something called Conditions - Angry, Scared, Exhausted and Injured - thay you can suffer if you fail rolls. Overall, the game is a little more rules light, and is more focused on relationships and mystery-solving.
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Great question. As it now stands, the game will not have a detailed economy for the characters. Instead, each character will have one Iconic Item that has special value for them, and that can be used for bonus. Bonuses can be had from other Items too.
Hi!

Yes, more information on the Types (classes) is coming in the Beta PDF. In the meantime, here is the complete list of Types to play:
  • Computer Geek
  • Jock
  • Troublemaker
  • Popular Kid
  • Rocker
  • Weirdo
  • Hick
  • Bookworm
Hi!

The four Mysteries included in the core book are connected to a common backstory, and can be played as a short campaign.

Regarding the danger level - there is danger, but the PCs generally don't die. They can however get injured, exhausted, scared, etc.
Nice discussion here! I'd just like to add that the game assumes character ages of 10-15 years. Playing character outside of this range is not impossible, but will require some tweaking.

The age has a direct effect on the game mechanics - your total score in the four attributes of the game (each rated 1-5) will be equal to your age. To compensate, younger PCs get more Luck Points, making them more versatile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomas has been a great Admin, and has been leaving bread crumbs of peeks at mechanics in the new game. Thought I would put them up here for people to see, both to answer some questions and make a place where questions can be asked. 

Myself, I wanted to know a bit more about Equipment? Like if only certain things can be used by certain classes, if PCs can have more than one, and if there's an easy way to put stats on our own homebrew equipment. 
Wouldn't have it any other way, but damn is it cold today.

joth1006

Re: Compilation of admin given info.

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 11:31

Yeah, the admin has been great! I am so hyped, this game almost seem tailored to me and my tabletop group. We've been playing a Stranger Things-inspired campaign for Call of Cthulhu the past months.