endou_kenji

Differences from the MYZ/Coriolis ruleset

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 17:22

To start things up, what would be the main differences from the MYZ or the Coriolist ruleset?
CEO at Pensamento Coletivo
-------------------------------------
www.pensamentocoletivo.com.br

joth1006

Re: Differences from the MYZ/Coriolis ruleset

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 18:24

Woops, I posted a similar post... My bad!
Anyway, as I understand it, the 1s won't act as a penalty on the d6s. That's all I got!

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 16 Dec 2016, 20:54

Hi!

The differences are a little to many too list here, but I will try to shed some light on the subject. The Tales from the Loop RPG uses the same core game engine as Mutant: Year Zero - there are four attributes and twelve skills, you get one die for each point in the attribute and skill used, gear can get you extra dice, and you need to roll at least one six to succeed. The main difference is that there is less focus on combat and things like critical injuries - instead TFLP RPG uses something called Conditions - Angry, Scared, Exhausted and Injured - thay you can suffer if you fail rolls. Overall, the game is a little more rules light, and is more focused on relationships and mystery-solving.
Fria Ligan

Zack

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 00:15

Love the sound of a low/no combat game about solving mysteries. Been looking into running a Boxcar Children like game for young players.

TiruYueru

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 00:38

Will there be a special RP character sheet for this game? :)

RachelBostwick

Sat 17 Dec 2016, 08:55

Love the sound of a low/no combat game about solving mysteries. Been looking into running a Boxcar Children like game for young players.
Ahhh brilliant point. I'm planning on GM'ing this for my four kids who adore the Boxcar kids.
GZIP: Off