Topic Author

Can I use shield to block arrows?

Wed 06 Oct 2021, 22:00

Can I use shield to block arrows?

Fenhorn

Re: Can I use shield to block arrows?

Wed 06 Oct 2021, 22:35

Player's Handbook p.98
PARRY: Fast reactive action. To be able to PARRY a ranged attack, you must either have a shield or a weapon with the PARRYING feature and at least rank 2 in the talent for the relevant weapon type. <>
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Spat

Thu 07 Oct 2021, 09:12

Player's Handbook p.98
PARRY: Fast reactive action. To be able to PARRY a ranged attack, you must either have a shield or a weapon with the PARRYING feature and at least rank 2 in the talent for the relevant weapon type. <>
Hello Fenhorn,
just to be sure I understand well, we are talking about General Talents here ?
So to be able to Parry an Arrow with a Sword, you need Sword Fighter 2, correct ?
You cannot Parry with Axes, Spears, etc, as this weapon miss the Parrying feature.
But for Shields, do you also need Shield Fighter 2 as Talent ? Or it applies only for proper weapons ?
Staff has the Parrying feature, but no corresponding Talent, so you cannot Parry an Arrow with a Staff. Correct ?

Many thanks for your answers.
Spat

Fenhorn

Thu 07 Oct 2021, 10:20

Player's Handbook p.98
Hello Fenhorn,
just to be sure I understand well, we are talking about General Talents here ?
So to be able to Parry an Arrow with a Sword, you need Sword Fighter 2, correct ?
You cannot Parry with Axes, Spears, etc, as this weapon miss the Parrying feature.
But for Shields, do you also need Shield Fighter 2 as Talent ? Or it applies only for proper weapons ?
Staff has the Parrying feature, but no corresponding Talent, so you cannot Parry an Arrow with a Staff. Correct ?

Many thanks for your answers.
Spat
Every single weapon belongs to a specific (general) weapon talent (Sword Fighter or Hammer Fighter for example). So you can parry arrows with a shield (regardless if you have Shield Fighter 2 or not) or you could use a broadsword (a weapon that have the parrying feature) if you have Sword Fighter 2 or a staff if you have Hammer Fighter 2 (a stuff is a blunt weapon).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore