Melvin
Topic Author

Orc kin talent Unbreakable... for NPC... Until the head is chopped off?

Thu 03 Jun 2021, 10:05

NPC dont have WillPower points. They use their talent rank as number for WP use.

So an orc will always come back until he got a critical wound that kill him outright or almost?

I guess, as a DM, i can simply say it's over but technically, it could last for very long if the NPC is lucky with the critical injuries.

Fenhorn

Re: Orc kin talent Unbreakable... for NPC... Until the head is chopped off?

Thu 03 Jun 2021, 11:13

from 'Willpower for NPCs'
The GM should consider carefully when to use kin and profession talents against PCs, only doing so when dramatically appropriate.
Most simple NPCs doesn't have talents and even though kin talents aren't usually listed in the talent list for NPCs, this is usually a good advice, to also skip kin talents for these NPCs. Talents and pushing can be very powerful and for simple NPCs, you shouldn't use that.

For the Unbreakable talent. It can only be used when you are broken, not when you become broken (there is a difference). This means that a player can use coup de grace on him or just grapple and hold him. The orc may not want to use it immediately. The talent doesn't give you any free actions and going back up with one point will most likely just giving him another crit, he might give up (for now). Just because he is an orc doesn't mean he needs to be stupid.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

michael

Thu 03 Jun 2021, 11:17

It says something about this regarding Willpower-spending for NPCs by the GM in the willpower part of the book. There's also something of note in the GM-chapters about the survivability of important vs non-important NPCs. So you could connect these two and probably get to a working solution for you and your group.

"When an inconsequential NPC becomes Broken, you can simply decide that he is dead, but for important NPCs, you should roll for critical injuries just like you would for a player character. Most likely they will survive and most of the time there is someone around who can save them even if they’ve suffered a fatal injury."
"To fall in hell, or soar angelic, you need a pinch of psychedelic."

Melvin
Topic Author

Thu 03 Jun 2021, 16:53

Thanks for the answers :)

I didnt even notice, until now, that NPC dont have kin talent listed !