Sunking
Topic Author

Weatherstone - interior floorplan maps?

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 01:03

All concerned,

New around here, and just bought FL a few weeks ago. Still figuring out the system. I can't find anything that answers my query yet, but perhaps this query has already been answered elsewhere. And maybe this question alone means I'm not understanding the system.

BUT - does anyone have floorplan maps for buildings inside Weatherstone? It is suggested that the House of Knights, and Guard Post and Servants' Quarters have multiple rooms, but I'm lazy and not inclined to draw it out myself if someone else already has...

Again, though - my question alone may reveal that I'm missing something critical about the system and the adventure site...

Many thanks in advance.

michael

Re: Weatherstone - interior floorplan maps?

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 11:02

I haven't seen any such content, unfortunately.

I generally don't run "dungeon crawling" with maps and FbL isn't generally built around that style either. When I ran the site I decided what I thought would exist in the different areas outside of what's already described in the book. Then I could make a sweeping description of the areas and let them roll on the findings tables. The adventure site went quite well as a whole and I feel there's enough content in the descriptions that do exist to make the site interesting enough -- especially when there's another group of adventurers inside doing their thing...

When my players heared rumours about the existance of catacombs and a possibility of there being an artefact down there and possibly a way to get to the ravines and catacombs on the eastern side of the castle on their hunt for the Alderlander War Chest (which they didn't find first time), they decided to go back. I then used https://watabou.itch.io/one-page-dungeon to generate a map I liked and printed out.

--

If you can't find a map from another game / setting / online that fits your purpose, using https://probabletrain.itch.io/dungeon-scrawl is fairly easy and fast to work with to make your own.
"To fall in hell, or soar angelic, you need a pinch of psychedelic."

Sunking
Topic Author

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 21:04

Hey - this is all great, and I appreciate the advice. A friend and I playtested out some combats using the ranges, so I've got a better understanding about how things work relationally with one another now.

eniaios

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 22:08

To me, the lack of such interior maps seems intentionally vague, so you can fire up your OSR skills. That being said, there are adventure sites where a dungeon map is fully detailed (Bright Vault comes to mind). Michael's got brilliant suggestions, I must say; I've used watabou's instant dungeon many a dungeon crawling session.