Sloblock
Topic Author

Stronghold Questions

Mon 11 Jan 2021, 00:39

Hello all

Sunday question:

So in a village with a broken bridge, inn, forge, mill and a bakery, the players bought up the 7 empty dilapidated buildings to use as a stronghold.

Questions :
What happens when they are not there do I still roll on the stronghold table?

Players think the village will just give them the buildings as they are adventures and have armour and weapons. How would people suggest I deal with this?

Fenhorn

Re: Stronghold Questions

Mon 11 Jan 2021, 00:55

I write the same answer here that I wrote on discord:

Technically the stronghold is "guarded", by the villagers, so you should roll on the table in the GM's guide, but here is the twist, if the players aren't there to deal with the event, the villagers will and if they don't like the players ...

If the villagers doesn't have a guard, then the village (including the stronghold isn't guarded.

Or if the villagers really don't like the players and they players aren't guarding their stronghold, they might do something.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Sloblock
Topic Author

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 22:11

I write the same answer here that I wrote on discord:

Technically the stronghold is "guarded", by the villagers, so you should roll on the table in the GM's guide, but here is the twist, if the players aren't there to deal with the event, the villagers will and if they don't like the players ...

If the villagers doesn't have a guard, then the village (including the stronghold isn't guarded.

Or if the villagers really don't like the players and they players aren't guarding their stronghold, they might do something.
Thank you for replying

Konungr

Sat 13 Feb 2021, 14:26

Also, just because people don't have the profession "guard" doesn't mean they won't defend themselves. Farmers have scythes and pitchforks. People have shovels and kitchen knives. If the villagers don't like the players enough they could easily spark a "peasant revolt". A town with even 30 people is going to overwhelm your 4-5 players pretty quickly.