BlissRage
Topic Author

Map with Keyed Hexes

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 07:00

I am prepping FL for next year after MYZ campaign ends. I realized for VTT that I want nine sections and I want the hexes keyed, but not in a way that overwhelms visually.

Here is snippet of what I'm doing. Any feedback appreciated, or what you've done; and if anyone wants copy when it's done let me know.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wxzdfVo

Eldhierta

Re: Map with Keyed Hexes

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:42

Very nice! Would love a copy when you're done!

BlissRage
Topic Author

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 20:21

Sure thing. It's pretty tedious. If I hadn't found that you can duplicate entire layer groups I would have taken a roll on the critical damage table for sure.

BlissRage
Topic Author

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 01:40

I've got the basic maps up . . . they are fairly huge jpgs with the hex names and terrain names. I also have the GIMP layered files up there in case someone wants to run with it.

I'll be exporting with the kin layers showing, player maps that have the special location icons photoshopped out so it's a blank slate and the icon can be dropped from invisible and exported to update player map as they discover (in reality for me the icons will be small graphics on DM layer in roll20 that I drop down once the players make discovery).

There are some special location icons in there too that I'll place for myself and export as a DM-only map as well.

Later tonight or tomorrow I'm putting up a google sheet that has the hex location and terrain for every location on the map to give a bird-eye DM worksheet for the entire map which I personally want/need.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Any suggestions let me know.

Emperyan

Thu 24 Dec 2020, 00:35

That. Is. AMAZING!
Thanks so much for taking this on my friend :D

Herbal

Sun 31 Jan 2021, 16:57

This is great! Created an account so that I can post a reply to say "thank you!"