Fleuri
Topic Author

Couple of questions about the Bitter Reach

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 14:02

There are some named places which aren't mentioned in the book, such as Serfhaven and Fist of Namtar. Is the GM supposed to make them a significant Adventure Sites of their own or what?

Second, on the Palace of the Ice Giants "Spark of Life" and location #6 are mentioned, but location #6 seems to be Seal of Earth and that cannot be seen from the Watchtower as it's under the throne room. Was there supposed to be an additional location on this adventure site or a whole new adventure site altogether?

Konungr

Re: Couple of questions about the Bitter Reach

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 15:44

Interesting.

So as far as the fist goes. I would say it's just a name of that particular "mountian". And I would guess that it is named after Namtarel. It's probably good to place his keep near by. The elven ruins to the south east look like a decent spot. I wouldn't call the entire mountain a adventure site. It's like how Mirror Lake is a named lake on the map. Mirror Lake isn't an adventure site. Its just a feature on the map. THIS mountain is named.

Serfhaven also does not appear to be the village but the valley. You go through the Serfs Pass to reach Serfhaven. A valley surrounded by mountains and thus protected from the worst of the winds and weather of the bitter reach. It's a logical place for a village to pop up. Not an adventure site unto itself, but a place where adventure sites can exist.

By context clues the Spark of Life seems like it should be an artifact of some kind. The animating force behind the frost giants life. This one does appear to be some kind of omission from the print version of the book.