gru
Topic Author

Who knows that Zygofer is "spoiler"?

Sun 26 Jul 2020, 21:12

How wide is the knowledge that Zygofer turned into Zytera? I expect Zertorme to know this and obviously Katorda. Are there others who do know that?

Moderator Action: Changed the title to avoid spoilers.

Brior

Re: Who knows that Zygofer is "spoiler"?

Mon 27 Jul 2020, 11:56

Since Zygofer still is a visible part of Zytera I imagine the connection is explained among the disciples, probably that Zygofer by his arts evoluted into a bigger, somewhat godly being. On the other hand nobody would remember what Zygofer looked like so you can probably handle it in a way that suits you, or more correctly in a way that suits the Rust church.

Simpa

Mon 27 Jul 2020, 12:06

I have had It a secret (after the bloodmist information is scant) and the PCs/players think that Zygofer is the founder of the Rustchurch and Zytera is the prophet of today) as the PCs had a lot interaction with Therania at Weatherstone (where she admitted she was kept hostage by Zygofer and asked for help with new "lower part" if they freed her) it will be very fun when it is revealed what Zytera actually is! Including thats on the name :)

Tywyll

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:52

Doesn't anyone who makes a Lore roll related to Zygofer know? I mean the legend spells it out-
"They say that the sorcerer Zygofer, during the final battle of the Fourth Alder War, summoned a demonic horde that slaughtered King Algarod and the Alderlander army. To consolidate the alliance, Zygofer and his daughter, Therania, agreed to being merged with a demon prince to form the man-spider Zytera, whom the Rust Brothers still venerate as the prophet of the god Rust. Allegedly, Zytera still rules the holdfast of Vond, from which the monstrosity sends out the unnatural demonic creatures that haunt the Forbidden Lands."

I thought this is what you handed out whenever someone makes their Lore roll in relation to Zygofer or Zytera?

terriblyinept

Sat 29 Aug 2020, 16:36

Doesn't anyone who makes a Lore roll related to Zygofer know? I mean the legend spells it out-
"They say that the sorcerer Zygofer, during the final battle of the Fourth Alder War, summoned a demonic horde that slaughtered King Algarod and the Alderlander army. To consolidate the alliance, Zygofer and his daughter, Therania, agreed to being merged with a demon prince to form the man-spider Zytera, whom the Rust Brothers still venerate as the prophet of the god Rust. Allegedly, Zytera still rules the holdfast of Vond, from which the monstrosity sends out the unnatural demonic creatures that haunt the Forbidden Lands."

I thought this is what you handed out whenever someone makes their Lore roll in relation to Zygofer or Zytera?

It certainly can be! At the very least, I personally would require multiple successes to get the full legend spelled out there. That said, I'm not sure I'm ever going to give out that particular legend unless the adventurers explicitly encounter (a) some high-ranking member of the Rust Church (b) someone old enough to have witnessed some of those events.

This isn't to say you can't do it exactly that way, though! It depends on how much tension you want to lay on that reveal, or if you even care if it acts as a "reveal" at all.