Kithaeryn
Topic Author

Stoneloom Mines 'Player Version' Map - Raven's Purge

Fri 10 Jul 2020, 00:46

In the Raven's Purge book there is mention of a 'player version' map of the mines which they are able to procure from Milva.
It states there's a copy of this map in the back of the Raven's Purge campaign book or downloadable through the download page on the Free League website....but I cannot find it in either of these locations?
Has someone made their own version of this map or is there an official version that I've been unable to find?

Fenhorn

Re: Stoneloom Mines 'Player Version' Map - Raven's Purge

Fri 10 Jul 2020, 00:51

The maps that are downloadable is here.

I used the official colour version of the map when I played this adventure sites and it worked fine.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Kithaeryn
Topic Author

Fri 10 Jul 2020, 00:56

Thanks Fenhorn.

I will likely end up doing just that...I have this version already.
I just interpreted that there was some sort of player version 'mud map', from the text, which would be safe to give them without them seeing the wider workings of the site.

I may cobble one together on dungeonfog :)

terriblyinept

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 07:17

Thanks Fenhorn.

I will likely end up doing just that...I have this version already.
I just interpreted that there was some sort of player version 'mud map', from the text, which would be safe to give them without them seeing the wider workings of the site.

I may cobble one together on dungeonfog :)

I went into this just imagining the dwarven administrator credited on the map wasn't particularly skilled at drawing himself, taking regular sketches from memory just for his own notes and not for architectural design. It assumes some embellishments about the region I made (such as "Lumra" being a ruined town nearby, the dwarves not using the term "Archimedes' screw"), but the main focus was on trying to sketch the Mines from the point of view of its last administrator, specifically from the year Martea and Marga were sheltered there and it was ultimately abandoned. This it follows the provided Raven's Purge maps but doesn't include things like the Martea-tunnels, etc.

Hopefully this is of use to you for something to give them without their seeing the wider workings? You or anyone else should feel free to use it for those purposes if it fits your game well. It's pretty crude and freehand, but I tried to clean it up a little for my own players to make sure it revealed enough but not all of the Stoneloom Mines centuries later (assuming they're not well past the point of it being useful): Milva's Map of the Stoneloom Mines

Brior

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 09:02

Hopefully this is of use to you for something to give them without their seeing the wider workings? You or anyone else should feel free to use it for those purposes if it fits your game well. It's pretty crude and freehand, but I tried to clean it up a little for my own players to make sure it revealed enough but not all of the Stoneloom Mines centuries later (assuming they're not well past the point of it being useful): Milva's Map of the Stoneloom Mines
Great! I'll use this myself for my game.

Incidently, the use of ”Archimede's screw” was an explanation to the GM. Good that you changed it!

Brior

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 09:07

By the way: The Stoneloom Mines are based on an existing mine. A silver star to anybody who identifies the original. This also goes for Eye of the Rose and Haggler's house although the latter has a tricky twist!

terriblyinept

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 16:44

Brior, it was simply fun to try and make it a braggy term for the Meromannians. And I shouldn't be surprised the game makers know of a famous silver mine. :) Most immediately Haggler's House makes me thing of the Globe Theatre, for some reason, but I'll keep scheming about what it and the Eye of the Rose might've been inspired by.

WanaxOdysseus

Wed 19 Aug 2020, 03:45

Ooh! Can I use it, too?

I'm doing this liivestream, so it would be broadcast, possibly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMklywc ... EsqunjIIse I obviously have no idea when we might get to the mines, but sooner or later, we will, and this would be great!

terriblyinept

Wed 19 Aug 2020, 05:32

Ooh! Can I use it, too?

I'm doing this liivestream, so it would be broadcast, possibly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMklywc ... EsqunjIIse I obviously have no idea when we might get to the mines, but sooner or later, we will, and this would be great!

I don't mind at all! I'd guess you should give credit in some form to Fria Ligan (as always, as it's based on the published map) and terriblyinept as well? I don't know what the protocol for either should be. I'm just glad someone will get use out of it; who knows if my players' characters will delve deep enough to find Milva's group, who have it in my game.

WanaxOdysseus

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 01:08

Ooh! Can I use it, too?

I don't mind at all! I'd guess you should give credit in some form to Fria Ligan (as always, as it's based on the published map) and terriblyinept as well? I don't know what the protocol for either should be. I'm just glad someone will get use out of it; who knows if my players' characters will delve deep enough to find Milva's group, who have it in my game.

Thanks!