I've been cooking up a supplement that introduce new rules around preparing meals.
You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Jj7jg ... sp=sharingTastes of the Wild is an RPG supplement for the Forbidden Lands RPG.
It provides a few ideas to extend gameplay around cooking and gathering ingredients. In this supplement you will find:
- Advanced meals: a complete set of rules to create exquisite meals with extraordinary properties.
- Some ideas for out-of-the ordinary ingredients.
- A selection of recipes that will certainly delight your characters.
- Legendary utensils for daring chefs.
Please, don't be shy.
But there's one thing though: it was made over a weekend for an online RPG supplement contest. I am contemplating the possibility of working on a more polished « V2 ». At this point, I'd like to submit it to the community workshop.
If you like the concept of this supplement, you could help me a great deal! See, not only was it written in limited time, but it's also my first time trying to write something that would be remotely useful. Also it's a pretty quick read, so I hope I'm not asking too much.
Once you've read through the document, here are a few things you could help me with:
- Mechanic and balance (p3-6): I was rather pleased with the basic concept of advanced meals, but in 48h, you bet I didn't have much time to playtest… I'd like to hear what you think might work or not, what could be improved, based on your experience of the game.
- Meal effects (p4): I fear it's a rather weak part in the supplement. I wanted simple, but interesting effects, I think I've got neither. What would you suggest?
- Ingredients, recipes and utensils (p7-11): What do you think of those in the supplement? Which is your favourite one? Which one(s) do you dislike? Do you have any crazy ideas of yours? I'd LOVE to hear them!
- Typos/odd phrasing: I know there are a tons of those (english is not my mother tongue). I'll probably rewrite some parts of the document, so don't bother too much with that. Still, if you have recommendations, I'll gladly hear them out.
And, that's it!
Thank you and enjoy!