Fenhorn

Re: Managing Combat with "Broken" Combatants

Wed 15 Jan 2020, 17:07

I don't punish my players, we as a playing group has always thought it is logical that you end up prone if you are knocked senseless or is collapsing and can only crawl. If someone that has collapsed would still be standing up (sounds so strange) wanted to move, he would have to change stance so he can crawl (you can't crawl while standing up).
Again, you and your players agreed on it - fine. That's your group decision. But again - it's not RAW. It's house rule. By punish I mean you added additional difficulties to broken state like picking weapons costing fast action. If punish was a wrong word, you can say "difficulties", "additional challenges" etc. That's what I meant. I don't care how other people play at their tables, but when we talk RAW- let's stick to RAW. When we talk how we interpret/house rule stuff- let's make it clear too. That's all.
Stop calling it a house rule. It is not a house rule. I have not changed anything. When it is written that you are knocked senseless or is have collapsed then you are no longer standing up. We interpret the rule in two different ways. I can just as easily say that your way is a house rule to ease things up for the player.

Lets ends this pointless debate and just accept that we interpret the same rule in two different ways.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

sefnerr

Re: Managing Combat with "Broken" Combatants

Thu 16 Jan 2020, 04:13

Lets ends this pointless debate and just accept that we interpret the same rule in two different ways.
Cheers.

One of the most enjoyable features I find with Forbidden Lands is that the rules ARE NOT written to be all-encompassing and allow flexibility for your gaming experience.  Embrace that. 
GZIP: Off