- when there is a chance of failure (no skill, time pressure)
- an interesting outcome for failure
- Players get WP from being injured by pushing failed rolls (so rolling all the time like in a non-year-zero game would generate lots of WP)
- The dice mechanic doesn't produce a ton of successes, so it assumes the 2 items above
- You should give players as much information as possible because this is a sandbox
What would be the failure result from a bad lore role (just not knowing it)? It can't be bad information since 75% of the bits of lore in the official material have falsehoods in them anyway.
What's the point anyway since nearly everyone in the party will roll for it (so one of them will get it anyway)?