dran82

The Raven Purge Location

Thu 12 Sep 2019, 13:34

Hi guys, I have a question for who played The Raven Purge.
Where you placed the various adventure site? I have my personal map but I am curious to see other placement

Fenhorn

Re: The Raven Purge Location

Thu 12 Sep 2019, 14:23

from GM's Guide
* The Hollow Q36
* Weatherstone U44
* The Vale of the Dead W42

from Raven's Purge
* Amber's Peak Ah21
* Eye of the Rose P25
* Grindbone Z17 ?
* Pelagia Am26 ?
* Ravenhole F15 ?
* Stonegarden M4 ?
* Vond H39 ?
? = I have placed it but the players have only heard rumours about where it is so I might change its location if needs be.

from Spire of Quetzel
* Graveyard of Thunder O28
* The Hexenwald Aa36

I have not placed the rest of the adventure sites yet. 

edit: hopefully I haven't screwed the coordinates up. It's tricky to read coordinates on the FbL map.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Valyar

Thu 12 Sep 2019, 16:23

Another good thread for locations is the following one: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4001
Quote from the post of blueman01 that I found useful in my planning of Raven's Purge (that will probably won't happen... :( ):

think Farhaven is one of the hardest villages to place on the map. The only real clue we have is that it should be near 'Falender'.
But I don't want to put it in Margelda or Moldena as that is the heart of Ailander country. I've decided to put them in Vivend on the Elya River in
the village located at Z16. I plan to make Farhaven somewhat fortified as anyone living there could be constantly fighting the Saurians.

The Adventure sites:
Weatherstone: (P47)
The Hollows: (Ab27). An Ailander settlement near the Harga plains with Goblins nearby - with a river and rocky terrain. Ab27 seems to check all of the boxes.
The Vale of the Dead: (G32). A dungeon site in a mountainous region that Zygofer could have visited frequently with Martea (so should be close to Alderstone). G32 works well with the white mist hiding the vale itself.
Grindbone: (Q14,Q18,T33) built during the Alder Wars so near Harga (also, buying swinehounds from the Rust Brothers so Southwest).
"The village of slavers and thieves that lies beyond the forest." Needs to be near water. Should be near the Urhur Clan. I'm leaning towards T33 though it is not perfect.
Ravenhole: (F15, C24) One of the two Ogre villages
Amber's Peak: (Ab20) A ruined fortress on the plain. "The Plain" is Margelda plain. Location Ab20 appears to be the only map location that fits.
Eye of the Rose: I like Lupex's idea that this is built from the ruins of Varassa.
Pelagia: The storm temple on the island of Maidenholm in Anger Bay.
Stonegarden: (E8, K5)
The Stoneloom Mines: aka the Lumra Mines O28 with Lumra being P26
Haggler's House: I32 Listed as a Castle location in Harga. "The goddess Heme’s greatest temple in the Forbidden Lands". The castle
on the map at I32 is shaped like a big house - so that's pretty much perfect. In truth, I'm likely to use the village located nearest Alderstone instead of a castle
for Haggler's House. I want it to be close to Alderstone/Vond for game play reasons.
Vond E38
The Spire of Quetzel:  I am going to make it be the Castle in the middle of Lake Varda. But that's because I know my game group are going to want to investigate the castle in the middle of the lake
because it is one of the coolest castle locations on the map. There are lots of other possibilities for this one.
The Bright Vault: A white structure in the 'dull red rock of the wastes'. A dungeon in Harga. There are lots to choose from in the Harga plains area.
I like the one at the bottom of the Groveland Woods (S48) due to its isolation.
The Hexenwald: (Ab35) Village - Though the Hexenwald probably shouldn't be a village, it needs to be near a village . In a wooded area with a pond. An interesting location could be near the village where the Groveland, Shroud and Fangwoods all meet. The village at AB35 could be a Goblin village. The dead that Emmaline is raising could be undead goblins. Which could be fun to play out.
Graveyard of Thunder: The dungeon on the island in Anger Bay is the only Saurian dungeon.

dran82

Fri 13 Sep 2019, 08:33

Tnks to all. I used your suggestions.
The only site I have to change is Amber’s Peak because I figure it near the sea

todneykros

Fri 13 Sep 2019, 16:37

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do i interpret the coordinates? Is there somewhere a keyed hex map?

Fenhorn

Fri 13 Sep 2019, 16:47

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do i interpret the coordinates? Is there somewhere a keyed hex map?
To the left and up of the map you can see the coordinates.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

todneykros

Fri 13 Sep 2019, 18:25

I never noticed them! I need new goggles....

Lalipat

Mon 16 Sep 2019, 13:50

I have created a sheets-file, with all my locations. It is mostly in Swedish, with some translations. In the file I have also added locations for my own creations. 

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
GZIP: Off