muk83

Converting Tomb of a Serpent King to FL

Tue 26 Nov 2019, 15:03

Hello 
I'm currently running a free dungeon for my beginner FL group. The selling point for the dungeon is: it's constructed in a very open way, that teaches players the basics of OSR dungeon crawling. 
(not sure if I can post a link to it, but you should be able to google it)

ToaSK is desinged for OSR (classic DnD and it's clones), so some efforts are needed to convert it. I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for that. What I've done so far:

1. Treasure worth
Convert GP to Silver.

2. Poison gas dealing D6 wounds. 
I made it a random type Potency 4 poison attack.

3. Magic ring froom room 4
Adds lethal poison attacks to unarmed strike with that hand. 

4. Hammer trap in rooms 5 and 22
Made the trap obvious so didn't have to work with the damage :)

5. Skeletons are skeletons.

6. Mummy claw in room 11
St 1, Ag 3 
Meelee 2, Move 3
Tries to grapple > grapple attack. Sneak attack if someone comes very close to water.

7. Treasure, Mummy root in the water in room 11
Noone dived, so I didn't need it.

8. Electric trap in room 12
12 dice attack, half if you pass a Move test.

9. Black pudding in room 14
Planed to use strangling vines attack. They didn't go here, so can't tell if this is enough. 

10. Stairs trap in room 18
6 base dice attack

11. Stone gaurdian in room 19
I've used Ogre stats with natural armor 4. Can use a fast action to summon or throw a shield. 
This was a let down should have minotaur at least. He had attacked only once leaving PC on 1 wound. 

This is where we have ended the game for that day. Definetly I've made it not lethal enough:
- d6 wounds traps should be made, with 12 dice attack already, or a 6 base attack but 2 or 3 wounds at least,
- with 5 PC, ogres are not even a road bump. 

Major conversions incoming:
Basilisk - no idea yet.
Fungus goblin - goblins with halucination poison added to attacks.
Skeleton jelies - as skeletons that can only be attacked with magic or fire.
Succubus - high manipulate skill, if kissed will be free or beefed up (not sure yet). More interested in leaving the dungeon than fighting, using her true name will bind her to the user will. 

Did anyone tried converting OSR to FL? 
If yes do you have any advice?

Did anyone tried making oozes, basilisk or succubus in FL?

Cheers 
Michał 

MegaMagus

Re: Converting Tomb of a Serpent King to FL

Wed 27 Nov 2019, 07:45

I have actually just converted this myself, most things like treasure and traps I have just scribbled on the printed paper to change it so it wouldn't be any good to share with you. I just eyeballed these things and compared them with the treasure and dungeon traps in the GM's guide and did my best.
I am happy to share my monster file with you if you like, including the nasty basilisk and succubus, just pm me and I'll be happy to send it through.

muk83

Wed 11 Dec 2019, 14:41

I have actually just converted this myself, most things like treasure and traps I have just scribbled on the printed paper to change it so it wouldn't be any good to share with you. I just eyeballed these things and compared them with the treasure and dungeon traps in the GM's guide and did my best.
I am happy to share my monster file with you if you like, including the nasty basilisk and succubus, just pm me and I'll be happy to send it through.
Hey Mega Magus, 
I've sent you the e-mail in PM a couple of weeks ago. Did you get it? 
I'm running the second sesion tommorow so I could use your notes. 

Maldion

Wed 11 Dec 2019, 21:21

would love to get the a pm aswell
GZIP: Off