Finnac1e
Topic Author

In which order Alien material should be played

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 20:05

Hi, sorry, this is probably a FAQ. If I would like to create long lasting (?) characters and play the currently available Alien materials as a campaign, in which order I should play them - does it make any difference? Thanks for any help in advance :)

_ArthurDallas_

Re: In which order Alien material should be played

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 17:20

Hi, that's a good question ...
Here is my suggestion.

try Hope's Last Day for a first game ... familiarize yourseft with it (rules and mechanic) and see the response of your players. It's a deadly game. lesser rolls the better. Or keep this game for a break-game in a campaign.

Okay from there start with ... Novgorod Station with the crew of the USCSS MONTERO. Start with few events there. Play the scenario Chariot of the Gods. Crew will end up with the USCSS Cronus (not for long) and a few characters may survive with the crew of the Sotillo (Mantis Class ship). From there you have all the ingredients for a great game. Join this crew with marines for scenario Destroyer of Worlds (Sotillo crew get a contract to support marines). And Then, after, you may start all scenarios from The Colonial Marines Operations book (with characters still alive and The Sotillo has a support craft for all operations).

p.s. I would dock the Sotillo at the Counterweight Station orbiting Ariarcus for the ending sequence of Destroyer of Worlds scenario (bring the Sotillo there at the start of the scenario and then characters get on the planet). If you want to keep the ship safe for the end.

Finnac1e
Topic Author

Sun 30 Jan 2022, 12:22

Hi _ArthurDallas_,

thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, and to put it short, what you wrote sounds just perfect !!! I will follow those milestones. I wish I could start playing already…

Br
Finnac1e

Wolfclaw

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 15:52

HLD - it's a great entry point for new players or for those who are not familiar with the system
CoTG - first part of the draconis strain saga; Also good starting point for new/returning/old players that want to jump in A-RPG
DoW - second part of the draconis strain saga; Can be a very long - mini campaign cinematic, it's good for the Game Mother to read the cinematic more then 3 times IMO :D
CMOM - Colonial Marines campaign; Can be played alone or as continuation from DoW
HoD (Heart of Darkness) - third and final part of the draconis strain saga (can't wait to pre-order it! :D)