pfarland
Topic Author

Xenomorph Hosts?

Tue 02 Nov 2021, 20:27

I had a bizarre thought. Are the various Xenomorphs potential hosts to other variant Xenomorphs? What about Anathemas? Would Neomorphic Motes infect other variants of Xenos?
"Load up, strap in, lock and load, and save the last bullet for yourself."

_ArthurDallas_

Re: Xenomorph Hosts?

Tue 02 Nov 2021, 21:55

that's a good question.

I know that xenomorph knows when a someone has a chestburster inside them and they leave them alone. so this is one thing.

Xenomorph don't like bodyburster (someone who is changing into a xenomorph from the inside) ... see alien 3 (William Gibson's script) or Destroyer of Worlds scenario. Xenomorph just want to kill those bodyburster with no respect.

Xenomorph and Neomorph are not an happy family too (they just want to kill each other).

Anathemas with the finale stage are dying so they would be very unlucky to catch a facehugger (or a neomorphic motes) but I think the facehugger (motes) would know it's not good material.

pfarland
Topic Author

Wed 03 Nov 2021, 01:36

That makes a lot of sense. However fun it would be to have some nasty combo to drop on jaded players, lol.
"Load up, strap in, lock and load, and save the last bullet for yourself."

_ArthurDallas_

Wed 03 Nov 2021, 16:02

You could make a new kind of xenomorph with that

with new effects

this could stop the new anathemas from dying for sure

ecclektik

Mon 09 May 2022, 02:41

This sounds like the premise behind the necromorph in the Alien: Prototype. Maybe a facehugger that implanted an embryo in a stage I anathema would lead to the birthing of a Xenomorph Anathema that could spread that pathogen around until it succumbed and exploded into both acid blood and pathogen.