Angelman
Topic Author

CotG Abomination Stage IV - "Beluga" Monster

Sun 03 Oct 2021, 15:58

So, this has been a discussion online since the adventure came out (on Redit and elsewhere), but I can't seem to find any specific discussions about it here. So, let's do that.

The Abominations on the Cronus doesn't quite match what we saw in Prometheus. That, of course, is entirely alright as the Draconis version of the Black Goo Abominations may indeed vary from the Prometheus ones; furthermore, the Black Goo-via-vaccine vector is quite unique and might cause further mutations in the goo.

So, we have 4 stages:
I = Troubled human
2 = Mutating human
3 = Full on zombie monster thingy
4 = This "beluga"-headed thing (which we never saw in Prometheus).

The Stage IV beluga thing is described having a head encased in a gelatinous cowl, gradually solidifying as the eyes grow dark and shifts to the sides of the bulbous head. They skin turns a mottled gray as their features grows closer to the XX121 creature, albite with a shorter head, more prominent eyes and elongated arms). So, what's going on here?

The term, "Beluga-Head" seems to indicate that Stage IV is this thing:
Beluga xeno.jpg
Beluga xeno.jpg (42.66 KiB) Viewed 772 times
This, if I understand correctly, is a creature cut from Prometheus, with the weird mollusc/conch thingy as a baby-stage. It was not supposed to be related to FiField's mutations; right? This leads me to believe that the "Beluga-Head" stage is not supposed to be this can't-believe-it's-not-a-Deacon creator.

I therefore wonder if what the writers are trying to indicate -- with the darkening eyes sliding to the side and the body taking on more of an XX121 xeno -- something akin to the following, disused concept art from Alien:
Alien with eyes.jpg
Alien with eyes.jpg (192.55 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Or are we aiming for something completely different, perhaps something resembling either of these two:
This nightmare
252612_422314544474994_370906571_n.jpg
252612_422314544474994_370906571_n.jpg (53.94 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Or Fifield concept (looks like a version of Stage III)

Thoughts?
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Angelman
Topic Author

Re: CotG Abomination Stage IV - "Beluga" Monster

Sun 03 Oct 2021, 16:01

System's acting up. I'll try again:

Or Fifield concept (looks like a version of Stage III)
Fifield2.jpg
Fifield2.jpg (151.57 KiB) Viewed 769 times
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged