_ArthurDallas_

Re: Ship-jacking; how to enter a Bison-G in space (externally docked to space station)

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 01:25

here you have more maps of the Nostromo very interesting and lots of details

here : https://thenostromofiles.com/overmonito ... lans-2081/

Angelman
Topic Author

Re: Ship-jacking; how to enter a Bison-G in space (externally docked to space station)

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 08:53

ArthurDallas: Great stuff, thanks :) The blister lookout would be an obvious place for the PCs to run to and spy on the badies trying to get in. Cool.

ExileInParadise: Right, that's the one! The scrapped scene seems pretty unnecessary, but it would sure be tense.

here you have more maps of the Nostromo very interesting and lots of details

here : https://thenostromofiles.com/overmonito ... lans-2081/
Oh! This is very helpful. I have some trouble wrapping my head around these maps/geographies, but this site spells out a lot of stuff. Great!
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Angelman
Topic Author

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 12:06

Cpt. Dallas, I hope you don't mind me nagging you 'bout some more questions re your beautiful Nostromo map?

Is "Cargo Bay 1" (C Deck) the so-called Treasure Chamber/Gold Room? If so, where are the doors leading from it into the Landing Claw/dangling chains room that Bret passes through?

The Egg Room/Cocoon Chamber, is that in your Engineering?

Where's the place where Dallas crawls through the air vents? Is that just "somewhere in within the walls?", or is there a specific layout/entry place in your map that I'm not seeing?

Also, do you happen to have a legends/explanation document to go with the map? :)

It's all pretty fantastic stuff, man! :D
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

Angelman
Topic Author

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 12:44

Also, where's the self destruction mechanism located? (Or is that somewhere aboard the refinary, perhaps? Actually, do they ever set foot in the refinary on screen in Alien?)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

_ArthurDallas_

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 15:55

OK lots of questions ... first all my maps are not that accurate but for the fun of it ... the self destruct mecanism will be on C-deck in the reactor relay control room (both of them there are 2 rooms) ... For the Brett scene I'm thinking about cargo bay 1 (C-deck) yes or the air scrubbers room (with all the water dropping) and ventilation ducks there ... the egg room or corner (Ballas and Brett's cocoons) is not far from a ladder access so ya it could be in corridors near junction C-3 or engineering that's a good spot ... for the air ventilation ducks it's simple, it's over all corridors and rooms (above with same map) and all junctions are bigger entry hatch for ventilation ...

you have a legend here : https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdallas ... -863312479

_ArthurDallas_

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 16:36

for a room description of the Nostromo (you have a PDF room description here) ... and a fun play report from a guy who run the movie story with his family (they never saw the movie) and he wanted to experiment how they would react in the same situation (very funny) ... this link : https://1000footgeneral.blogspot.com/20 ... e-rpg.html

lots of stuff there.