silverfoxdmt73
Topic Author

Working Joe Synth stats?

Fri 28 May 2021, 11:23

Does anyone have stats for the Seegson 'cheap knock-off' synthetics?

I was thinking they may just have lower bonuses compared to the synths in the core book, maybe just a +1 to two attributes? Perhaps they do suffer stress when ordered to do something outside of their programming?

Any suggestions?

Tindome10

Re: Working Joe Synth stats?

Fri 28 May 2021, 12:23

I found this on Reddit by Spiegaluk:

Seegson synthetic's Working Joe.

Type: Primitive Android

Habitat: Hostile Environments, Space Station and Planetside facilities with an integrated AI Core

Size: 1.72m

Traits: "I am built to withstand temperatures of up to 1210 degrees." - Working Joe's are immune to the effects of extreme heat, cold, vacuum and radiation.

"To sleep, perchance to dream."- Destroyed Working Joes can be reactivated for a last ditch close combat attack (3 base dice, damage 1).

"You shouldn't be here." - Working Joe's will pursue players until they successfully hide or leave a restricted area.

"I know that was you." -Working Joes limited functionality means they will only attack a single target until they are distracted by another player attacking, or the Android is disabled.

"You always know a Working Joe" - Players will gain stress if they witness the working Joes breaking protocol, harming an NPC or encountering one unexpectedly due to their disconcerting appearance.

Basic Working Joe

Speed: 2

Health: 5

Skills: Mobility 2, Observation 3

Armour rating: 4, 5 against fire, acid

Hazardous Environment Working Joe

Speed: 1

Health : 7

Skills: Mobility 1, Observation 3

Armour Rating: 6, 8 against fire, acid

Attacks

D6

"I've been very patient with you so far." The Working Joe back hands you with limbs of cold steel (4 base dice, damage 2) and follows up with another attack immediately (3 base dice, damage 1) if the second attack hits, the player is knocked prone.

"Let's resolve this amicably." The Working Joe releases the pneumatic power in its arm and delivers a punch like a sledgehammer. Damage 1 with 4 base dice.

"You and I are going to have a talk about safety." The Working Joe wraps its mechanical fingers around your throat and squeezes like a vice. Take 1 damage and add 1 stress each round until you free yourself from its grip with a successful Close Combat roll from yourself or a team mate.

"This is a safety breach, and will not be tolerated." The working Joe hauls you into the air and throws you into an adjacent area, you drop held items on impact and take 5 base dice Damage 1. Any subsequent attack by a working Joe gets +1 to its base attack dice.

"You're becoming hysterical" With cold efficiency the Joe slams your head into a nearby wall or object. Roll 6 Base dice, damage 1.

"We hope you will join us for the journey." Other Joes in the area will begin to move toward the target, when in range, they will attack as if rolling a 2

Grimmshade

Fri 28 May 2021, 14:09

There are stats in the new Colonial Marines book.

silverfoxdmt73
Topic Author

Fri 28 May 2021, 15:29

There are stats in the new Colonial Marines book.

Thanks to both of you.... I guess my wallet will have to take another hit (I mean, I was most likely going to get it anyways..)

Grimmshade

Fri 28 May 2021, 15:38

The stats are only a very small part, but the book is packed with great stuff. Definitely worth it!

silverfoxdmt73
Topic Author

Fri 28 May 2021, 16:17

The stats are only a very small part, but the book is packed with great stuff. Definitely worth it!

I've seen some reviews and yeah, it sounds very, very good.

It's almost the size of the core book from what I've seen.