Oliver Mankell
Topic Author

Re: Attempting faux green screen displays

Wed 19 May 2021, 09:07

This thread probably needs to be renamed to "Faux Computer Displays and Technical Drawings" - or perhaps to just "Insomnia", because I seem to do these when I can't sleep.

Anywho, I've re-done some examples and produced a couple of new ones, though these are all faux technical drawings. If someone would like them as the green computer displays, just ask and I'll see what I can do - time permitting.

https://canterstonehouse.blogspot.com/2 ... ings.html

Oliver Mankell
Topic Author

Fri 21 May 2021, 01:47

Another sleepless night. Here are a couple more - we have an alternative APC and a heavy mobile command vehicle. I was thinking of using both of these for the Royal Marines.

https://canterstonehouse.blogspot.com/2 ... mmand.html

ExileInParadise

Fri 21 May 2021, 04:22

All of these are still amazing!
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Mordante

Fri 21 May 2021, 14:04

Please keep on producing these but I'd just like to say I prefer the non green schematics.

Jonesy64

Sun 23 May 2021, 21:21

Have you thought about designing any aquatic vehicles? The Matador and Picador from Avatar 2 could make good surface vehicles. Or subs /deep diving suits/armor ?

Oliver Mankell
Topic Author

Sun 23 May 2021, 22:04

I would stress what I mentioned in my original post - I'm working with purchased 3D models and all credit for their design belongs with the model builders. All I'm doing is trying out ways of rendering them as technical diplays/drawings that might be used by GMs to flesh out and illustrate their Alien universe to players. I've found myself rendering what would usually just be treated as preview styles and then layering them to get levels of detail. I've been trying to improve the colour images to look more like natural media pen and colouring, which I've been achieving by running a colour render through a natural media filter and then laying on the preview renders over that.

Mordante - I will indeed be focussing on the drawing style over the green display. The faux compter displays were fun at first but it they aren't an easy read for my eyes and they definately aren't friendly to printing. However, I'll try to keep up with some green displays as I'm likely to run the games on-line and they can help keep the feel of the game world.

Jonesy64 - I've not seen many water based models that would fit the Alien universe. There a couple of sea-bed bases that could work and when they show up in a sale I'll probably get them.

I'm starting to look at models for outposts, colonies, and space stations and have found a few that are a reasonable fit, so that sort of thing will be coming in the future.

Jonesy64

Mon 24 May 2021, 02:19

Thanks Oliver

Oliver Mankell
Topic Author

Tue 25 May 2021, 00:18

Another re-do as a technical drawing. The Roc class transport ship is presented without any text for you to name it and add whatever details suit your game, even the decks are blank and only offer the volume fo you to draw it up for your own needs.

https://canterstonehouse.blogspot.com/2 ... dy-to.html

Oliver Mankell
Topic Author

Thu 27 May 2021, 08:33

I woke up very early today, so here are a couple more re-dos as technical drawings for the personnel and cargo trasnports.
https://canterstonehouse.blogspot.com/2 ... argo.html