Spat
Topic Author

Xenomorph fast actions

Thu 25 Mar 2021, 18:18

Hello to all survivors of space,
I am a new GM in this awesome game. I have a technical questions concerning xenomorphs :
For each point of Speed they get one Fast one Slow Action.
But what possible Fast Action could that be ? except moving (Run, Move through doors) or Retreat ?
Shoving could be logical to get rid of an annoying roughneck with a cutting torch for example, but Xenos have 0 Close Combat...
Thanks for your help, and do not stress !

Wolfclaw

Re: Xenomorph fast actions

Fri 26 Mar 2021, 10:11

Hello there fellow GM!

You are correct, xenos get 1 slow and fast action per point of speed. So a drone can move twice in the initiative order. Part from moving, running, retreating there is nothing much more TBH. They are very straight forward creatures. I would say graple would be one of the actions, but i think that is a slow action (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

:)

DeusXLondon

Tue 06 Apr 2021, 16:20

HI Spat, and welcome.

Wolfclaw, wouldn't the fast action depend on the alien breed, so for example, flying or swimming aliens may have a choice of move mode? [see InHarmsWay's awesome stats for detail]

IMC(In my campaign) I'm doing the Black vs Red queen brood-war, with both aliens in a classic arms-race against each other, and humanity as suitable snacks/hosts)

Regards
DX

Byrax

Tue 06 Apr 2021, 17:03

Try to make them unpredictible and hm alien:
https://medium.com/subpixelfilms-com/si ... 2194aa26cb has some good thoughts on why the alien never should be "scripted", that should be implemented in the rpg IMO.