Andreu
Topic Author

Rolling twice same critical injury?

Wed 07 Oct 2020, 22:20

For androids it says to just pick the the injury that is one step down... which can easily lead to a system shutdown given that there is only 6 options.
But for humans it doesn't say this, and even being a rare situation due to the large amount of injuries listed in the table, I would like to know what is the right approach because shifting down or not towards the end of the table is the difference between living or dying. I personally think shifting down makes sense... but alternatively you could reapply the same injury and reset or accumulate the healing time... the first 5 injuries (11 to 15) don't have healing time though, so it will mean nothing to suffer that injury again.

SlackC

Re: Rolling twice same critical injury?

Thu 08 Oct 2020, 05:40

I'm interested to see answers to this, too. I'd think you could just try to apply the rolled result in a way that makes narrative sense--if a character gets broken ribs twice, maybe that's a double penalty to close combat and mobility. If they manage to lose an arm three times, maybe it could just be an added penalty to the medical aid check to save them? I wouldn't risk turning a non-fatal roll into a fatal one without a clear rule to point to. A character with critical injuries has enough problems to worry about!