Jimbo
Topic Author

Destroyer of worlds Ruth Anne Dante

Sat 11 Jul 2020, 01:06

I’ve noticed that PC Ruth Anne Dante has health listed as 7 but strength listed as 5. Is this correct or a mistake? usually health is the same as strength unless your character is a synthetic.
Is it because she is a carrier?

Fragpuss

Re: Destroyer of worlds Ruth Anne Dante

Mon 13 Jul 2020, 11:51

It's possible that the writers have decided to split the difference with the 9 toughness of the Bodyburster.

My guess would be that a previous version of the character had the Tough talent and they removed it without changing the Toughness value.

Lurker01

Mon 13 Jul 2020, 22:45

I spoke to one of the play testers about this exact same thing. I had the same idea about the extra health belonging to the burster but Fragpuss is correct. I was informed that originally she had the Tough talent and it had been swapped out. The 7 is an oversight and should be 5.

sathyr

Wed 15 Jul 2020, 10:22

I spoke to one of the play testers about this exact same thing. I had the same idea about the extra health belonging to the burster but Fragpuss is correct. I was informed that originally she had the Tough talent and it had been swapped out. The 7 is an oversight and should be 5.
EFEKT Dave said in the discord channel that her Banter talent should probably be Tough and that her HP should probably remain 7 (as another marine already has Banter, and Dante had Tough in an earlier draft.) Sounded like it was an error, unless someone else has since confirmed that it's not