hockyman68
Topic Author

Chariot of the Gods Characters

Fri 13 Mar 2020, 10:52

So I am not sure if I am missing something, or misread something, but I thought characters when created have a Career and General Talent. Why do the characters not get both Career or General Talents? 

Fenhorn

Re: Chariot of the Gods Characters

Fri 13 Mar 2020, 10:58

Characters in a campaign game starts with career talent and will can learn the other career talents of his career and general talents with experience (as well as increasing skill levels). Characters in a cinematic scenario have whatever attributes/skill levels/talents the writer of the cinematic scenario wants them to have.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

hockyman68
Topic Author

Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:16

So then the writer can break the normal rules of character creation to suit his/her needs for that character to have. 

* Maybe one way of looking at it then is the character has already applied and used experience points to level up. 
This is an odd concept to me not following the exact rules to build a character like I have seen and know from other RPGs. Thanks for the quick response. 

sathyr

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 22:23

I think you've misunderstood. They do use the same rules. When you're creating a character from scratch for Campaign play, you choose one talent from your Career to start with. You can only learn more talents (Career or General) as you gain and spend XP. You do not start with two talents.