S.M

Re: Black goo?

Sun 26 Jan 2020, 07:08

Yeah.  Safe bet to say the pathogen was involved in creating the motes, but getting black goo in your ear or up your nose is unlikely to result in a Neomorph.

Diego

Mon 27 Jan 2020, 15:30

Yeah.  Safe bet to say the pathogen was involved in creating the motes, but getting black goo in your ear or up your nose is unlikely to result in a Neomorph.
True, then our reference is just to go with prometheus, and if you invest enough you fragment on the atomic level.

And as for CotG, we know what is there turns you into an abomination.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

S.M

Tue 28 Jan 2020, 00:56

I'm not sure you would fragment.  The worms didn't fragment; they turned into hammerpedes.  And something infected the Engineers 2000 years earlier and they didn't go the way of the Engineer at the start.

Diego

Tue 28 Jan 2020, 13:01

I personally put that down to quantity and not the same stuff been used on them in covenant. If not then I appreciate why FL stayed off making a choice on this stuff as it feels like even Fox aren't 100% sure.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

VaeVictis9

Wed 12 Feb 2020, 10:17

I took the black goo as a Bio-Terminator for advanced lifeforms. (Warhammer 40K has a few of them)
My thoughts are that it's stored in the containers and kept in isolation without it's trigger; atmosphere.
If dropped into atmosphere rich in certain gases (the kind we like and need) it quickly changes from solid to liquid to gas which kills and spreads incredibly well. My thoughts are there was an outbreak on the Prometheus installation and it didn't end well. Could be accident, sabotage, war, who knows?
In gas form it's super deadly transforming the victim into a blackened husk. Which may or may not send out more of the gas form spreading it until everyone in a large area is dead. After a certain period of time you send in a cleanup crew and move in for habitation or resource collection. Easy squeezy with little mess (besides the fact you wipe out other sentient lifeforms).
In liquid form it has vast potential for change. An Evolution Accelerant.
Maybe the Engineers created it or maybe they are like humanity and stumbled across it.
I'm looking forward to Alien Awakening.
GZIP: Off