metacrust

Building a colony

Sat 04 Jan 2020, 16:44

Hello.

I want my colonist players to be able to build a new colony from scratch. Any ideas how to do that? Im thinking if its possible to port the stronghold system from forbidden lands. What are the pros and cons with this idea?

Bengt Petter

Re: Building a colony

Sun 05 Jan 2020, 17:22

Have you seen the Ark rules for Mutant Year Zero? I guess the basics are the same, but maybe the Ark is more similar to a space colony. Still, I’m sure you can use the stronghold concept too.

I’m also thinking of the stuff that would be specific for a space colony in the Alien universe. It might for example be corporate connections, corporate representatives, corporate contracts, corporate facilities, and marine protection. Other stuff is more general: power plants, terraforming towers, farming, administration, labs, factories, transports, space port etc. I would also like to see possibilities for creating different kinds of colonies like a mining community, a military base, a farming colony, a penal colony, a research center.

I’ve also been thinking of similar frameworks for other types of locations and organisations: space stations, crime syndicates, large space ships and even xeno nests.
GZIP: Off