BrettDez
Topic Author

Hope’s Last Day- Character Question (spoilers but GM Only section...)

Sat 04 Jan 2020, 09:53

Quick question....

Do the other PCs know Holroyd is an android? In some play throughs I saw online the agendas were a little different and his android status was a secret but I don’t see anything in the scenario from the book that mentions it is a secret.

Is it optional or did I miss this somewhere?

Fenhorn

Re: Hope’s Last Day- Character Question (spoilers but GM Only section...)

Sat 04 Jan 2020, 11:35

It is known in the Hope's Last Day scenario that he is an android, but in the Chariot of the God scenario there is an android that is not known to the rest of the group. I guess some GMs have changed the agendas in HLD.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

keveliz2003

Mon 10 Feb 2020, 17:16

Hi Looking at the scenario the only person who knows of the Android is the pilot (company rep~) its in there personal agenda 

Jonbertsch

Mon 10 Feb 2020, 17:27

In Charriots it is clearly stated that the android is "hidden", as it is a corporate spy. There is nothing in HLD that says it's "hidden" so I interpreted that as he was in the open. The pilot, Singelton,  agenda says they are investigating Holroyd because they think he has been disobeying company orders, but nothing about hiding the fact he's an android.

Edit - Gm discretion definitely applies here, but to me some of the impact of an android reveal is lost when playing only the last act in a longer scenario. If I remember correctly this was written specifically as a third act, more of an introductory story. There were alternate ones written, still on LV-426 toward the end, but at slightly different times, I remember listening to an effekt podcast where it was hopes last day, but with a different scenario, also some of those guys wrote it for the book.