_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Counterweight Station (orbiting Ariarcus) map

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 09:02

Angelman

Re: Counterweight Station (orbiting Ariarcus) map

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 14:11

Beautiful stuff, _ArthurDallas_!

I'm considering using Ariarcus for some prequel episodes once I start Frontier War, just to build some atmosphere and character rapport before we dive into that story (which starts, as we know, right after DoW). This Counterweight Station map will prove extremely helpful for that purpose, as well as for DoW, of course.

Thought: Would it be possible to make a second map of the station that shows it post-ruin? Isn't the station ripped in half, or something, when the Charlie Team reaches it in DoW? Might be useful :)

Question: What exactly are the white dome and control station/bridge pictures?

Thanks, mate!
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 00:10

Thanks mate.

white dome is the Apollo Mainframe in Sevastopol and the other is the Operations center of Sevastopol too. I'm using them for Counterweight Station ambience when we play.

Sorry mate but it's too much work doing a second map for the Counterweight Station. It's 3-4 hours doing this.

Can you give me the page where it says that Counterweight Station is cut in 2. Didn't read this sorry. I read that the Monygham is cut in 2 after the invasion but the Station I don't know.

Thanks.

Angelman

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 01:47

Sorry mate but it's too much work doing a second map for the Counterweight Station. It's 3-4 hours doing this.

Can you give me the page where it says that Counterweight Station is cut in 2. Didn't read this sorry. I read that the Monygham is cut in 2 after the invasion but the Station I don't know.
No problem, mate. I appreciate it takes a loooong time to make those maps; no worries!

I can't recall right now, but the DoW says something to the effect of the Counterweight Station being ruined... I think? Like, it's just the elevator bit that is working? I can't really recall at the moment, but something to that effect?
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

DarkDragonCdn

Sat 04 Dec 2021, 12:12

First ArthurDallas love the maps, as for the statement about the station being ripped or cut in half, it was not, but a UPP destroyer is, page 62 of the DoW book.

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Sun 05 Dec 2021, 23:30

Thanks DarkDragonCdn. I thought so. Only the climber cable is cut off. The Station is still orbiting. Thanks.

Angelman

Sun 05 Dec 2021, 23:53

(I suspect I misread this as the UPP destroyed the Counterweight Station. My apologies.)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Mon 06 Dec 2021, 10:25

No problem pale, everything is cleared up.