Lord Drah'Kan
Topic Author

Rapid Fire

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 12:15

I would like some input from other GM's about rapid fire. Can rapid fire be combined with full auto? Rapid fire allows a character to shoot his weapon as a fast action, meaning he can fire twice. But can he use rapid fire and get all the bonuses from full auto fire aswell?

Angelman

Re: Rapid Fire

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 12:34

I would like some input from other GM's about rapid fire. Can rapid fire be combined with full auto? Rapid fire allows a character to shoot his weapon as a fast action, meaning he can fire twice. But can he use rapid fire and get all the bonuses from full auto fire aswell?
No, you cannot. Rapid fire allows you to do a normally Slow Action (Shoot Firearm) as if it was a Fast Action, meaning you can Shoot Firearm with both actions in your round (once as Fast and once as Slow; or technically twice as Fast Actions). The Talent does not convert all ranged attacks into Fast Actions. What you CAN do, however, is open your round with a Fast Shoot Firearm single-shot action, followed by a separate Slow Burst of Full Auto action. At least, that's how I read the rules.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Lord Drah'Kan
Topic Author

Re: Rapid Fire

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 12:54

No, you cannot.
My interpretation also, but I know the player who took the rapid fire talent is going to argue about rapid fire/full auto combination.