Angelman
Topic Author

Source of Ovomorphs

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 18:28

Hey y'all :D

I was contemplating some backstory for my campaign today and came to wonder about what ("easy") sources there are in canon/non-canon for Ovomorphs? Or to phrase it a little different, what canonical/semi-canonical options are there for a well-funded Seegson research project to get their hands on some sweet Alien eggs? :ugeek:

In the films, we have the ship on LV-426 (presumably put there by David after he infects the 2000 colonists on the Covenant ship, somehow). That's a big source of ovomorphs, although the ship was probably destroyed by the Hadley's Hope nuclear destruction, right? Still, eggs could possibly have been smuggled off the planet by other agents sometime between Alien & Aliens (and there might, for all I know, even be comics or whatever detailing this?).

And then we have Alien3 and Fiorina 161, which was... um... seeded (is that the correct term?) form the Hadley's Hope queen. I seem to remember the rulebook indicating there might be eggs somewhere in the bowls of the Fiorina 161 Correction Facility, just waiting to be discovered (although I cannot remember what the logic was here and I don't have access to my books right now).

Are there other LV-426 "daughter colony" nests out there? And what about other sources beside the LV-426 batch? (It is quite possible that with the Nu-Canon there are no other aliens since David bio-engineered them all... but that's no fun, so in my mind he just played around with their genes a bit, breeding variants and generally mucking about, but the Xenomorph xx121 guys are still an actual species in the setting, not "just" a bio-weapon wizarded up by David).

So, any suggestions as to where my Seegson scientists could've get their hands on 3 ovomorphs? (The hows and whys doesn't really matter in my game, as the PCs will be much too busy to pursuing historics). :twisted:
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

ExileInParadise

Re: Source of Ovomorphs

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 22:51

If you include the Alien extended universe stuff - Rim colony also had an encounter that could leave some left-overs.

Zeta 1 Reticuli - the former location of Sevastapol station, was a Seegson site ... and if you've seen the Alien Isolation web episodes, then you could use the leftover xenos and eggs floating around the wreckage left in the orbit formerly inhabited by Sevastapol.

Seegson could have found xenos and ovos investigating what happened to Sevastapol after WY suddenly wanted to buy it - and then it drops off the network.

Seegson could also investigate Fiorina 161 "Fury 16" mothballed prison and finds the remains of the Runner hive that WY missed when they mothballed the facility - since thanks to Sevastapol Seegson knows WY is up to stuff and has been shadowing them since ...

Seegson science team on some hitherto unexplored world/system finds them ... say on LV-426 following up on WY and what happened to Hadley's Hope - maybe what we know about Kathar station is smoke and mirrors ... and the derelict survived,
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

S.M

Sun 13 Jun 2021, 08:02

There are eggs waiting to be found on Planet 4, along with a transmission to attract passing ships.

Angelman
Topic Author

Sun 13 Jun 2021, 15:14

If you include the Alien extended universe stuff - Rim colony also had an encounter that could leave some left-overs.

Zeta 1 Reticuli - the former location of Sevastapol station, was a Seegson site ... and if you've seen the Alien Isolation web episodes, then you could use the leftover xenos and eggs floating around the wreckage left in the orbit formerly inhabited by Sevastapol.

Seegson could have found xenos and ovos investigating what happened to Sevastapol after WY suddenly wanted to buy it - and then it drops off the network.

Seegson could also investigate Fiorina 161 "Fury 16" mothballed prison and finds the remains of the Runner hive that WY missed when they mothballed the facility - since thanks to Sevastapol Seegson knows WY is up to stuff and has been shadowing them since ...

Seegson science team on some hitherto unexplored world/system finds them ... say on LV-426 following up on WY and what happened to Hadley's Hope - maybe what we know about Kathar station is smoke and mirrors ... and the derelict survived,
Thanks, mate! That's a great summary, pregnant with potential :) Ultimately, though, this just proves that I don't really have to make a decision as to where the ovomorphs in my campaign came from. There're lots of options and the players need never know ;)

There are eggs waiting to be found on Planet 4, along with a transmission to attract passing ships.
That's cool! :D But... what/where is "Planet 4"? And what's the source for this? I need to check it out :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

S.M

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 01:40

Alien Covenant.

Planet 4 is the commonly used name for 16EG14 aka the planet where David made the Aliens.

Angelman
Topic Author

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 09:42

Alien Covenant.

Planet 4 is the commonly used name for 16EG14 aka the planet where David made the Aliens.
Got it! Thanks :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

Zulauf

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 10:56

Hello,

I discovered the Alien series earlier this month and since then have watched all of the films including bonuses, promo films and short films!

There is, however, something that I did not understand. In Alien: Covenant, we notice that it is David, through many experiments, who is at the origin of the Ovomorphs on Planet 4.

But how can these eggs be found aboard the Juggernaut ship stranded on Acheron (LV-426)? Or maybe I missed something...

Thank you for your explanations!

krogereschedule
Last edited by Zulauf on Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

kuroifremen

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 11:14

Easy.

David created A Xenomorph, not THE Xenomorph.

He (It?) created through test and error something that liked, walked, fighted, hunted and bleeded like a XX121, but is not the same creature.

Close, but no cigar, David...

ExileInParadise

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 16:41

But how can these eggs be found aboard the Juggernaut ship stranded on Acheron (LV-426)? Or maybe I missed something...
We're all missing something - the story between COVENANT and ALIEN.

<spoilers>

All we know so far is that David-8 has some eggs, a colony ship full of victims, and the death of planet 4 on his hands - up to about 2104 on the timeline.

Then there is a gap... and next we know that 2122 the Nostromo finds the derelict.

So somewhere in that 18 year time frame - I expect David and the Engineers clash and the result is no more David, and a derelict down.

And no, I don't have any idea how they are going to handwave / explain the disparity between the derelict looking like it has been crashed a long time (Dallas's commentary) and there only being an 18 year window for it to happen in.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Jonsey

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 17:30

Hey y'all :D

I was contemplating some backstory for my campaign today and came to wonder about what ("easy") sources there are in canon/non-canon for Ovomorphs? Or to phrase it a little different, what canonical/semi-canonical options are there for a well-funded Seegson research project to get their hands on some sweet Alien eggs? :ugeek:
So, any suggestions as to where my Seegson scientists could've get their hands on 3 ovomorphs? (The hows and whys doesn't really matter in my game, as the PCs will be much too busy to pursuing historics). :twisted:

I will make some brain mapping. Its not directly related to any Alien/s exploitations but hovers around the question of the big perspective.

Two fallouts are credible (IMO):

A. LV-426 is an incident, and that’s it. No more ovopods ever. Cheesy DNA (personal opinion) experiment by various deep state actors can “lit it up” now and then without any direct long term effect other then some kind of bio-industrial espionage war on the leftovers after each disaster.

A side step here is reckoning (thanks to internets Aliens fans) that the blast of the LV-426 colony processor would mathematically (under earth atmospheric circumstances) not reach the Derelict based on the Derelicts hypothetical location extracted from scripts and film.
Real question is if the blast caused enough seismic disturbances to rupture the lava bed it rests on/in and how many ovopods that are left inside un-scorched by previous lava flows, or left undisturbed since colonists last trip.

B. Human colonization process starts to infringe on what ever have been taken place previously. This goes back to the issues around original film and Scotts later exploitations.
In “case B” the LV-426 is not a lone incident but one of the “Initial”. This “Initial”, as in sooner or later humanity’s expansion will lead to fires that will be hard to put out.

Though “Rim” was a LV-426 metaphor due to original copyright restraints leading to minor change of plot, names of character and places in the original comic, it does highlight this concept (as well as in some novels and comics).

(Following might not be applicable to F/L Rpg but is related to original productions)
Pending on ECA [Extra Solar Colonial Administration] – claim 300 surveyed worlds, and on Camerons vision of ECA’s parent national identity (US/UA etc.) there is a big like hood that similar organizations of other national identities have run their own surveys and as of the above, possible run into their own “initial” contacts, or even knowing more (then say Seegson/WY).

So from “case B” there is lots of ground for exploring alternatives (including nibbling on asymmetrical [non-franchise] Alien plots).

Pick a plate and fill it with what you like.