decanox

Re: Cinematic pdf

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 08:58

No, Lucas increases +3 agility and strength (page 105).

On the contrary, I think Lucas loses his talent when he's discovered. It's not said specifically but, in essence, the talents can't be played by Lucas since they involve to increase the stress level, push rolls, etc and a revealed android can't do that.

hibishop

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 15:04

No, Lucas increases +3 agility and strength (page 105).

On the contrary, I think Lucas loses his talent when he's discovered. It's not said specifically but, in essence, the talents can't be played by Lucas since they involve to increase the stress level, push rolls, etc and a revealed android can't do that.
I concur.  The PC breaks once Lucas is discovered, which is probably why the rules have the GM take over control.  For this reason The Secret Android plot, while fun thematically, is problematic.

I'd rather play as an already revealed android with an appropriate Talent, such as Analyze or Beneath Notice.  

decanox

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 18:10

For me, it depends.

As I said on other threads It's not very climactic that a player who has roleplayed well a character through two acts, has to change to another character at the end consequence of PvP. I have not played the third act of Chariot of the Gods yet, but I am going to try that player can keep his/her character ignoring the PvP rule in this last act.

In case of an android, any player can play them. It's said on page 141 regarding to Ava (see "Infected"). The player loses the talent and the stress but gains the +3 strength and agility and they have their personal agendas. They aren't stupid (in fact, they are smarter than humans). So, I see no problem that a player could roleplay a revealed android.      

aramis

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 20:09

Lucas does NOT become an NPC by being revealed. 

p. 105:
CALLING PVP. Revealing Lucas as an android
has a high risk of triggering direct confrontations
with other PCs (see page 27).
If this happens, play out the current scene
and then turn Lucas into an NPC, letting the
player choose another character (someone
from the crew of the Cronus) to play.
He becomes an NPC at end of scene if his being revealed triggers PVP. May not be the same scene.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

hibishop

Mon 01 Jul 2019, 21:11

Since I've expressed a dislike of the Secret Android plot, I'm considering running Lucas as an available PC from the beginning.  Already revealed as a Synthetic, he would 'activate' as the crew of the Montero wake from cryosleep. 

He'd be played differently than the other PCs; Lucas still has his Personal Agendas, but he wouldn't get Stress and he would be able to push his rolls.

The1TrueFredrix

Mon 01 Jul 2019, 22:00

Since I've expressed a dislike of the Secret Android plot, I'm considering running Lucas as an available PC from the beginning.  Already revealed as a Synthetic, he would 'activate' as the crew of the Montero wake from cryosleep. 

He'd be played differently than the other PCs; Lucas still has his Personal Agendas, but he wouldn't get Stress and he would be able to push his rolls.
So he becomes what, a super hero? Able to push rolls without consequence? In fact, I had Lucas as a PC from the beginning (because I made the fatal mistake of inviting too many players) but he followed the normal rules (play as human until discovery, then upping his points and not pushing) until his death. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

decanox

Tue 02 Jul 2019, 09:38

Try this idea.

But if I can express my opinion, the secret android plot is really funny. I am playing the second session and it's nice to know that no player (except for the player who is playing the android, of course) suspects that there is an android in their crew, but now they are beginning to suspect from each other for other questions (for example, they think that the Montero self-destruction is consequence of a sabotage planned by a character). And if it's well played, it could be very nice to see a revealed android by surprise in the III act (if the player wants to be revealed).
GZIP: Off