Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

The Electric State Beta PDF Feedback

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 08:27

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the Beta PDF for The Electric State RPG. Before reporting an error, please check to see if it has already been reported. If so, don't report it again. Please report your feedback no later than Thursday May 2.
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Ashenoa

Re: The Electric State Beta PDF Feedback

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 09:36

I have a great first impression of the rules.

I think what needs some clarification is the definition of action and reaction of "take cover"

P. 78 lists taking cover as an action.
P. 79 :
Cover
If the target is taking cover by something solid,
roll a number of dice equal to its Armor Level (see
the adjacent table). Each rolled for the cover
eliminates 1 point of damage. Taking cover is an
action. The GM has final say if cover is available.
-> this should say: "If the target TOOK cover..." otherwise it sounds like you can do a reaction like the dodge before.

So, you win Initiative and pick "take cover" as an action and immediately roll the armor level.
On the other side's turn everyone shooting at you reduce the amount of pre-rolled cover from the damage, correct?

The more I think about it, the nicer I think this is. You get to know how good your cover is and the other side does too and can think about shooting you, or not.

I also noticed that "reaction" is not in the glossar.

Eynowd

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 09:44

I know it's not going to be part of the printed book, but the bookmarks in the Beta PDF are completely out of whack with the book itself. Whole chapters are missing, and some chapters are repeated.

Open the bookmarks was the first thing I did when I opened the file and was really confused when they looked like the alpha version bookmarks. It wasn't till I scrolled down in the file itself that I found some of the new content.

davirasm

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 09:54

It's great that you have the Safety Tools box on page 9, but I feel it's a bit disingenuous when it ends in "can be found online". Why not put some links at freeleaguepublishing.com/safetytools and direct readers to that?

JesterKnight

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 10:50

Page 11 (15 in pdf) In the second paragraph of the "A
Lingering Hope" section the word Chevrolet is spelled wrong.

Page 21 (24 in pdf) last sentence of the first paragraph; abandon should be past tense abandoned.
Last edited by JesterKnight on Tue 30 Apr 2024, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

Zeek

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 10:51

On PDF page 37 it says “they see these the neuroscapes behind their eyes.”

On p. 40 it has “People listen to music on Walkman’s.” There shouldn’t be an apostrophe there. It also says “and their are still relatively few satellites” which should be “and there are still…”

On p. 41 it gives a name as “Ltl. Timothy Kressler.” This should probably be either “Lt. l. Timothy Kressler” or “Lt. Timothy Kressler.”

PavukYaga

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 11:40

Hello,
In The Lone Traveler chapter, p.217-218
About the methods of the NPCs, the table states "power, deceit, religion and evolution" but the text states "power, deceit, religion and technology"

mickey

Tue 30 Apr 2024, 14:06

Spelling error page 70, top right of page: "MAYBE YOU WERE A KID in an accident that has you in a coma. Maybe you were a solider [...]" - 'solider' needs to be 'soldier'.

Eynowd

Wed 01 May 2024, 06:30

• p27: "noting moves human progress like war." should be "nothing moves human progress like war."
  • p215: "They love fully. The also hate fully." should be "They love fully. They also hate fully."
  • p218: should King and Queen be the other way around in the Tilts table?

sdinwiddie

Wed 01 May 2024, 07:13

Map: potential misspelling of the city "Gilroy"

Most of the cities in the area (near and around the Monterey Bay) are either correctly spelled or are very different. There is a city currently named "Gilnoy" (with an "n") that breaks this pattern. It may be intentional, but if not, I thought I'd report it.

Expect: A city named "Gilroy" east of the top of Monterey Bay (or two cities south of New Eylar on Hwy 101.)
Actual: City is named "Gilnoy" (an "n" instead of "r")