coz_b

Re: Moria Alpha PDF Feedback

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 13:02

(p.213) Under 'Select your Leader Focus' — for 'Fight', I find the following a little unclear:

"Roll an appropriate Combat Proficiency for an equipped weapon, modified by the enemy group’s Might"

What is being modified here? Your Strength TN (ie. +Might level)? Your success die (ie. -Might level)?

William

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 15:40

Page 7: The Wizard Tharkun > The Wizard Tharkûn (The 'u' in Tharkûn is long, so it is spelt with a circumflex.)

9lives

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 17:01

Hello. The big map at the first page of the book. There are 2 #13's for the High Cistern. One where is actually is and the duplicate is below the words "The Road". I think it's supposed to be #14 The Gatehouse.

Hornbach

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 20:17

Hello. The big map at the first page of the book. There are 2 #13's for the High Cistern. One where is actually is and the duplicate is below the words "The Road". I think it's supposed to be #14 The Gatehouse.
I think that's supposed to be a "B", for one of the three Halls of the Roadwardens

Linklite

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 21:46

On page 82 in section 1, it repeats the instruction to check the box to see about the current condition of the gates. The first prompt should probably be deleted. I'd also reconsider referencing it as a "box" which is awkward in English, perhaps call it a sidebar or something.

lovecraftfan

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 01:30

There are discrepancies between labels on the map and subtitles of Landmark areas in the text itself. Like, I can figure out that the Redhorn Gate (under the Mountains of Moria section in the book) is located in the area of the map labelled Upper Levels, and the Silvertine (labelled on the map) corresponds. But I feel like the labelled areas in the map should consistently correspond to subtitled sections in the text. it also wouldn’t hurt (where appropriate) to reference the numbered section on the map in the corresponding section text. So just to be clear - if the landmark section reads Mountains of Moria and Redhorn Gate, then the map labels/captions should be identical. And that goes for the entire map.

anduriel

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 03:35

Pg. 49 the Feat Die Table seems to be incomplete

coz_b

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 15:09

(p.214) Under ‘Resolve the Clash’ — “FAILURE WITH AN [Eye icon]: If the Clash roll fails with a [Eye icon]…”

Should be “…fails with an [Eye icon]…”

-

(p.215) “[SIDEBAR]CO-OP DUELS” — formatting issue?

-

(p.215) Under ‘Moving Between Duels and Clashes’, it says: “You can use a Success die as a timer for the next Clash, counting down from three.”

This was confusing before it was explained to me. Maybe add the word “physical” before “Success die”.

-

(p.215) Under ‘Stances and Combat Tasks’: It mentions that you can enter Rearward stance to engage the Archfoe. But this goes against the core rules for assuming Rearward stance (I know it says to ignore typical rules of engagement - for whatever reason that is) since it’s a 1v1 and you do not outnumber the adversary. Would be better to refer to the Skirmish stance instead. Most Archfoes have 1 spear at most — you are telling me we can assume Rearward and just pepper the Archfoe to death? Doesn’t seem much of a duel to me, just as Lurtz vs Boromir wasn’t a duel.

-

(p.216) Under ‘Special Damage’ it incorrectly displays the Gandalf rune instead of a Tengwar rune (When spending ‘X’ icons…)

Leuwart

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 15:43

I can‘t find any information about the Hatred Fell Ability the orcs in Moria have. It would be nice if there were guidelines which people are common targets of Hatred. Additionally all the named orcs don‘t have their specific Hatred listed in their ability list.

And maybe I overlooked it or it is intentional but I couldn’t find stats of Gorgol.

lovecraftfan

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 16:57

Further to my earlier post about discrepancies between the map labelling and the Chapter 5 text:
- the caves of thrym thistledeep are included in the Deeps section of the map but in the Dwarrowdelf section of the text.

I won’t post any further discrepancies (if I come across any); I’ll just maintain that, in general, the Moria mail really needs to correspond to the sections of chapter 5 so that readers can easily correlate the mail and the text. It is such a large resource, digging for content randomly would be very annoying.