Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Case File 02: Fiery Angels PDF Feedback

Thu 09 Nov 2023, 11:53

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the PDF for Case File 02: Fiery Angels. Please note:
[*]
  • Before reporting an error, please check to see if it has already been reported. If so, don't report it again.
  • Do not use this thread for discussions, only for direct feedback. If you want to discuss some topic you are welcome to start a new forum thread.
Please report your feedback no later than November 17.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

TheTallTom

Re: Case File 02: Fiery Angels PDF Feedback

Fri 10 Nov 2023, 12:01

Not an error per se but it feels like a really weird omission that there is no mention of Lillith’s daughter from Electric Dreams. Was she a replicant too? Was she left in the care of Lillith-replicant? My players were very invested in the daughters story and I will ask Lilith about it. Just a sentence or two of explanation would be very useful. Also Liliths image not matching the one in the previous case file seems odd and will lessen the impact of the PCs meeting her again and going ‘aren’t you supposed to be dead?’

kumbil

Fri 10 Nov 2023, 13:42

I agree on all points with The TallTom. it would be nice to have a small section (similar to Aurelian) about the 'what if' scenarios about Lilith on previous case (survived etc.) That issue also renders handout B moot (article about Lilith).

Roxysteve

Fri 10 Nov 2023, 18:02

Ponied up for the pre-order of Fiery Angels but can't see anywhere to download the PDF. How do I do this please?

<later> Finally unearthed the expected response email from where it had filed itself and downloading now. Thanks for bearing with me. I clearly need further testing. <twitches violently>
Last edited by Roxysteve on Fri 10 Nov 2023, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Bifur.

Fri 10 Nov 2023, 18:07

Page 12: Empathy test references a Countdown event on page 11 that isn’t described there. Also on page 12, the character can be tested by Holden and should roll Manipulation against his Insight, but no stat is given for his value in the skill.

Bifur.

Sat 11 Nov 2023, 16:07

Page 30, Lock-up, Fallout: Reference to a character being taken there if arrested, with a reference to page 18, but there are no descriptions of such events on page 18.

SpaceMarines

Sun 12 Nov 2023, 05:07

In Handout B, the Independent Sentinel, Holden is referred to as "Captain Dave Holden". In the Core Book, Electric Dreams, and elsewhere in Fiery Angels, he is a Deputy Chief. Unless that's just the reporter getting it wrong...

Page 006: '“These bootleg skinjobs are attack dogs without a leash, capable of anything. This is old school,” the grizzled Blade Runners rasps, exhaling a blue cloud of smoke.' should be '...the grizzled Blade Runner rasps...'. Also, it's not clear if Holden or McCoy is saying this. I think it's supposed to be McCoy, but it should be made more clear.

A lot of the PDF bookmarks aren't working properly. I'll list some out later, but a general note they should all be double-checked and fixed.
I agree on all points with The TallTom. it would be nice to have a small section (similar to Aurelian) about the 'what if' scenarios about Lilith on previous case (survived etc.) That issue also renders handout B moot (article about Lilith).
I also second this, Lilith survived in my game (players were very intent on keeping her alive), so some guidelines on how to handle that would be appreciated.

sanjurotokage

Sun 12 Nov 2023, 10:16

A couple of guidance points needed for things that may not have happened as the case makes assumptions that Case 1 and the 1997 video game went in a fixed direction but both have multiple ends.

Definitely a sentence or two about Lilith's daughter if the players saved her along with Lilith.

A sentence of two if a player who chooses the 1997 game ending of McCoy leaving Bladerunner unit, how he might be back.

Will continue to review, though a game run would be better needed to find flaws as we did with the last one

galadhil11

Sun 12 Nov 2023, 12:28

I still dont have the link to download the pdf. can someone check into that please?

SpaceMarines

Sun 12 Nov 2023, 23:05

A lot of the PDF bookmarks aren't working properly. I'll list some out later, but a general note they should all be double-checked and fixed.
Specific ones: all of "The Situation" bookmarks are broken, they link to page 007 instead of 008.

The bookmark "The Investigation" and "Tracking Time" link to page 007 instead of 009.

The bookmark "Sidebar: When to Take Stress" links to page 013 instead of 014.

"Promotion and Humanity" links to page 015 instead of 016.

"Sidebar: McCoy's Spinner" links to page 018 instead of 019.

"Casefile Crime Board" links to page 022 instead of pages 024-025. Also, the Crime Board feels like it's in the wrong place in the PDF. It's just in the middle of Locations for some reason (breaking up the LAPD Locations intro from the actual LAPD locations), I think it's supposed to be right before Locations EDIT: Just realized this is because it's a two-page spread in the physical book. I read the PDFs single-paged, didn't think about how the paper would have to be printed

"Holden's Office" links to page 023 instead of 026

"Sidebar: The Memory Sphere" links to page 030 instead of 031

"Yukon Hotel" links to page 031 instead of 032

"Runciter's Zoological" links to page 035 instead of 036

"Handout I: Crime Scene Photo of Runciter's Zoological" links to page 036 instead of 037

"The Aurelian's Shop" links to page 043 instead of 044

"Doc Badger's Pawnshop" links to page 045 instead of 046

"McCoy's Apartment" links to page 046 instead of 047

"Map F: Quell's Office" and "NPCs: Wallace Security Guards" link to 053 instead of 054

"NPCs: The Wallace Bodyguards" links to page 058 instead of 059
Last edited by SpaceMarines on Tue 14 Nov 2023, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.