BrianG
Topic Author

Optional Heavy Machine Guns for Detective Special

Sat 15 Jul 2023, 03:52

I find mention of the Optional Heavy Machine Guns for Detective Special, but no statistics to work with.

What would you guys suggest?
I am thinking they would be a step up from the Ender Assault rifle so maybe:
Damage = 3
Crit Die = 12
Type = Piercing
Minimum Range = Medium
Max Range = Extreme
Availability = Premium
Cost = 4 or maybe 5 for this one.

Availability or cost could go up or down. I am personally ok if my PC's want to spend on heavy ordinance if that makes them happy. I would love to give them a scene like the end of BR2049 if they like.

BrianG
Topic Author

Re: Optional Heavy Machine Guns for Detective Special

Sat 15 Jul 2023, 06:23

I just noticed the entry for the "Autocannon" on page 201. Is this the Twin Heavy Machine Gun .50 cal. mentioned for the Detective Special? It should not be. A cannon is a cannon and a MG is an MG. These Autocannon stats are close to what I was thinking for the HMG, but they do not have a blast power like an autoCANNON should have.

Now, I know that this is not Twilight: 2000 and a game about gun stats. But if you mention the weapon in the core rules, it should have stats to go with it along with all the other weapons. And if you call a thing an "autocannon" it should have an explosive rating in addition to the autofire advantage. imho

Matt_Marcio

Sun 05 May 2024, 10:37

I too have searched in vain for the statistics of heavy machine guns, and also the FIREARMS value for weapons with targeting systems, as described on page. 86.

"Some very advanced vehicles even have automated targeting systems with their own FIREARMS skill and can fire at the driver’s command (no action), eliminating the need for a gunner."

And "Full auto" for the Autocannon means with AUTOmatic targeting systems?
And could its value be BB or CC? AA would definitely be too high.

Original AJ

Wed 08 May 2024, 14:17

Given the three standard armaments listed for the LAPD spinner are the same two plus a missile launcher and the three Vehicle Weapons listed are basically these three I think it's obvious that the Autocannon is the machine guns. "Twin .50 caliber heavy machinegun" would not really fit in the space available in the weapons table.
It's meant to be cinematic not simulationist so even as a weapons geek I'm not bothered by this, the value in creating multiple slightly different weapons that wouldn't be used very often is pretty minimal and just slows things down as the GM has to look up more.