zcthu3
Topic Author

Wake of the Icons still on track for April?

Mon 10 Apr 2023, 22:27

I am currently running The Last Cyclade and wondering whether Wake of the Icons is still on track for April in hardcopy? I’ve pre-ordered and have the PDF but want to wait to run it until I have the physical book. I note it’s still pre-order on the website but some people are saying they’re aware of physical copies already out?

Lurking Grue

Re: Wake of the Icons still on track for April?

Thu 13 Apr 2023, 13:24

I received my physical copy little over a week ago (in Finland). Had pre-ordered it last year.
"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Anung

Fri 14 Apr 2023, 07:35

aw, what the hell - ive preordered through my FLGS and havent gotten mine yet :(

zcthu3
Topic Author

Sat 15 Apr 2023, 08:33

aw, what the hell - ive preordered through my FLGS and havent gotten mine yet :(
I pre-ordered direct from FL and haven’t got mine but I am in New Zealand. Hopefully it’s on the way or will be soon. Hope yours shows up soon.

Anung

Sun 16 Apr 2023, 18:44

I pre-ordered direct from FL and haven’t got mine but I am in New Zealand. Hopefully it’s on the way or will be soon. Hope yours shows up soon.
Thank you, thats kind of you to say. im just eager to get my hands on it - im sure youll get yours on time, as well! :)

Anung

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 10:08

i got a message from my FLGS saying the release is pushed until early June. :/

zcthu3
Topic Author

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 21:14

i got a message from my FLGS saying the release is pushed until early June. :/
Just checked the website and the Wake of the Icons bundle (which is what I ordered) is now listed as shipping in May. I assume there has been some delay in printing or something. Which is fine, but would be nice to see some communication.

Fenhorn

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 21:20

FL will have an update stream on their YT channel April 26th.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

zcthu3
Topic Author

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 06:33

FL will have an update stream on their YT channel April 26th.
While it’s good they’re providing any update, that’s not necessarily the best way of communicating with their customers. I know that I don’t have a lot of time with work, family and other commitments to remember to watch a YT video just to get an update. I am actually fine if there’s been a delay (I’d pretty much decided to take a ‘chapter break’ between Book 2 and starting in on Book 3 anyway), but an email update or similar to those who pre-ordered would be nice.

BMTH

Tue 02 May 2023, 15:29

Sorry to say but the quality of customer service and communication are poor at Fria Ligen.
I am still waiting for an order to Poland.
As I can see, the current store price (June 7 release) is the same as in the pre-order last year.
I think I'll skip future orders like this. I could have easily waited 7-8 months.
Very sad for a longtime fan of their various RPG settings.