Shadowy1

Re: The Electric State Alpha PDF Feedback - Chapters 1, 3, 4

Wed 17 Jan 2024, 23:05

Page 55: Shouldn't the sentence be "For each day without enough food or water, make a Strength roll. If you fail, you take 1 point of damage."?

Jaycee

Thu 18 Jan 2024, 16:13

I know this is the wrong place for this feedback, but I couldn't spot a right place for it so. Hello.

This is Re: 02_The_Electric_State_RPG_Alpha_Maps.pdf

The maps are beautifully rendered, subtly presented in some lovely colours, and unfortunately completely unusable for colourblind players. Would it be possible to have alternative high-contrast maps created to be more colourblind friendly? It's contrast that makes things more universally usable regardless of colour-blindness type. For example if you convert to black and white with all the colours levels set to 50%:

Hopefully this image doesn't vanish, I've not used the host before.

You can draw a diagonal line from top left to bottom right and everything below it is more or less indistinguishable. Also the populated areas, for example around Groveland and San Andreas, have completed vanished into the light woodlands surrounding them. If this is going to be a usable resource for colourblind players or GMs then you need a few steps of higher contrast, because if you struggle with colours looking muddy already then having them so similar in brightness as well is just hopeless.

I'm not asking for clown vomit maps, but something less subtle would be wonderful. And I daresay probably more home-printer friendly too.

Amraphel

Thu 25 Jan 2024, 13:27

Page 22, Talents

Fencer gives +2 dice to close combat rolls “when fighting with any kind of melee weapon”.
Knifeman gives the same bonus but only when fighting with a knife.

A knife is surely a kind of melee weapon … so Knifeman seems rather redundant (except in terms of flavour). Fencer is also a curious choice of name for a game in which no swords are listed in the combat section ;)

ur_friend_nate

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 07:05

Hello, this clause as written caused a discussion in my game today, and wasn't clear to any of the players. From p19, Pushing:

--
If you fail a roll, or just want more 6s, you can push the roll. Grab all dice that don’t show a  or a  and roll them again. All dice count after the re-roll, including the ones not re-rolled. For each  (the symbol on the custom base dice) rolled after a push, your current Hope score is reduced by one.
--

The player rolled 1,1,2,3,5. He wanted to push, so would re-roll 3 dice. After that roll, assume he rolled 1,2,3.

"All dice count after the re-roll, including the ones not re-rolled" - Does his hope decrease by 3: the two original 1s, and the one new 1? -or-

"For each 1 rolled after a push" - Does his hope decrease by 1: the one new 1?

Amraphel

Mon 29 Jan 2024, 13:27

Hello @ur_friend_nate!

My understanding of the Hope loss rule is as follows.
Hope would be decreased by 3: i.e. you lose one point for each dice showing a 1 in the pool after all the rolling and re-rolling is over. You only lose Hope if you push the roll, not whenever you happen to roll a 1.

Similar rules exist in other FL games too; e.g. in Twilight 2000, your character suffers Stress when you roll a 1 on a pushed roll, whether that 1 was rolled as part of the original roll or appeared on one of the dice you re-rolled when you pushed the roll.

Hope that helps :)

Pelhle

Sun 18 Feb 2024, 15:07

I find different kinds of measurements in the text. E.g.: the Pacifica map on p 79 has kilometers, the FUEL square on p 68 mention "about 400 miles". The zones on p 44 mention "up to 100 feet across", but in other FL games have metres, and the The Community of Littleville map in this game has metres.

Pelhle

Mon 19 Feb 2024, 10:37

P 30: Examples of tensions. Example #2 and #3 should have periods, like the other examples. There are a few other tables throughout the book where this occurs, so maybe check them all.

P 31. Changing tensions: The GM has (missing word: 'the') final (missing word: 'say') on any Tension changes.

TheRealMacGuffin

Question about Damage/Hope/Bliss in a neuroscape

Mon 19 Feb 2024, 20:23

p56: If you are inside a neuroscape when your neurocaster is Busted, you are immediately disconnected. This counts as a traumatic event with a potential Hope loss of 1.
Q: This seems to contradict what is written on p59 when being forcibly being removed from a neuroscape (i.e., Hope goes to 0). Or do you only lose 1 point of Hope if your Bliss is currently less than your Hope when your neurocaster becomes Busted?

p58: Using neuronics causes you to accumulate points of Bliss. Each time you fail a dice roll inside the neuroscape, before pushing the roll, your Bliss score increases by 1. Pushing the roll carries further risk, as it can reduce your current Hope.
Q: So if I understand this correctly, if you get a 1 on an initial dice roll before pushing you will gain Bliss (1 point of Bliss per 1 rolled). And then, if the player pushes the role, any additional 1's on the pushed role, will result in a loss of Hope (1 Hope lost per 1 appearing on a pushed roll), but no further Bliss gained. Is this correct?
Q: If you can lose Hope in this way, what happens if your Hope is reduced to 0 while in a neuroscape? p63 indicates that you will be ejected from the neuroscape if your Health is reduced to 0 (i.e. you become Incapacitated), but I couldn't find anything about what happens if you suffer from a Breakdown (i.e., Hope is reduced to 0).

pp58-59: re: forcibly being removed from the neuroscape when Bliss >= Hope: Doing so will however immediately reduce your current Hope to zero and thus inflict a mental trauma (page xx). The same thing happens if your neurocaster is Busted or if you are Incapacitated.
Q: This seems to contradict p56 where they would only lose 1 point of Hope. Is the difference here the fact that your Bliss>=Hope when you're forcibly ejected?

p63: Avatar Combat.
Q: If multiple players are engaged in combat with a single Avatar, I assume it would be like combat in "the real world"; that is, each player would make separate attack (Wits+Graphics+Gamer), and that this would not fall under the "Helping in Neuroscapes" as described on p58.

Akarumi

Tue 20 Feb 2024, 16:38

- P. 7 Box at page bottom: "Generally your Traveler should follow your individual dream"
Should read: "follow his/her/their individual dream"
- P. 8 Upper left column: "and tell the players"
Should read: "and tells the players"
- P. 8 Bottom left column: "Something happens at location at a Stop, and when the conversation or action are finished, the GM cuts the scene."
Should probably read: "Something happens at the location of a Stop, and when the conversation or action finishes, the GM cuts the scene."
- P. 26 Upper left column: "that only exist"
Should read: "that only exists"
- P. 26 Upper left column: "the '90s was a decade"
Should read: "the '90s were a decade"
- P. 28 Upper right column: "they journey starts"
Should read: "the journey starts"
- P. 30 Upper right column: "on high horses"
Should read: "on a high horse"
- P. 30 Box: "Something someone one you Traveler with does offends you deeply."
Should probably read: "Something someone you travel with does offends you deeply."
- P. 30 Box: "award among you"
Should read: "awkward among you"
- P. 31 Lower left column: "The GM has final on any Tension changes."
Should read: "The GM has the final say on any Tension changes."
The phrase "to have the final say" is used without "the" several times in other text passages.
- P. 38 Outsider box: "scurry after piece"
Should read: "scurry after peace"

Akarumi

Thu 22 Feb 2024, 16:21

-P. 60: Right column: "The Hacker talent give you +2 dice."
Shuld read: "The Hacker talent gives you +2 dice."
-P. 63: Box Intercerebral Intelligences: "...affect neurocasting human on a physical level"
Should read: "...affect neurocasting humans on a physical level"
-P. 63: Box Intercerebral Intelligences: "...and sometimes higher score than humans can reach"
Should read: "...and sometimes higher scores than humans can reach"
-P. 67: Right column: "Armor determines the protection the Armor Level the vehicle offers."
Should read: "Armor determines the level of protection the vehicle offers."
-P. 68: Vehicle traits: "41–43 Luxury model: Increase Cost by 1."
This should probably be explained and clarified.
-P. 71: Left column: "I can only be done at Engaged range"
Should read: "It can only be done at Engaged range"
-P. 72: Chases : "For guidelines on using multiple participants"
Should read: "For guidelines on chases with multiple participants"
-P. 73: Obstacle table: "(armor give no protection)"
Should read: "(armor gives no protection)"