Fiendish73
Topic Author

Building better worlds

Sun 11 Feb 2024, 19:02

Hi guys,

About to run BBW. After reading the encounters on page 204 i havnet been able to find any other reference to the 'Tomogo'. Any idea where i can find these?

ExileInParadise

Re: Building better worlds

Sun 11 Feb 2024, 23:15

Page 193 says the ferals raid for meat and the Tomogo entry is about a raiding party.

I assume Tomogo is another name for the ferals which are the focus of that adventure.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

_ArthurDallas_

Mon 12 Feb 2024, 16:41

I had the same dilemma. I assumed that the tomogo are the ferals. I was not able to find anything else on the tomogo.

You can read my play report here. I did changed a few things in the story. I've reshaped Mother Ma'Kayla and the ferals too.
here: viewtopic.php?t=12465

Enjoy your games,
Arthur.

Angelman

Tue 13 Feb 2024, 11:39

Hi guys,

About to run BBW. After reading the encounters on page 204 i havnet been able to find any other reference to the 'Tomogo'. Any idea where i can find these?
I shot the Expedition author a question, and he confirms that "Tomogo" is the name of the feral faction. It appears that the name fell out during editing, and was retained in this single Event of the To Go My Own Dark Way expedition.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Fiendish73
Topic Author

Tue 13 Feb 2024, 14:41

Cheers guys for the info. I decided to re-skin a lion from forbidden lands as an indigenous large cat for that particular encounter.

Fiendish73
Topic Author

Tue 13 Feb 2024, 14:42

I had the same dilemma. I assumed that the tomogo are the ferals. I was not able to find anything else on the tomogo.

You can read my play report here. I did changed a few things in the story. I've reshaped Mother Ma'Kayla and the ferals too.
here: viewtopic.php?t=12465

Enjoy your games,
Arthur.
Ive been following your reports, looks epic fun :-)

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 13 Feb 2024, 17:10

Many thanks Fiendish73, it’s much appreciated.

We can always count on Angelman's contact network, thank you my friend. You have direct links to the authors of alien RPGs for us. I suspected that the Tomogo were the Ferals and that it was an oversight in the edition.

Arthur.

Angelman

Tue 13 Feb 2024, 19:50

Many thanks Fiendish73, it’s much appreciated.

We can always count on Angelman's contact network, thank you my friend. You have direct links to the authors of alien RPGs for us. I suspected that the Tomogo were the Ferals and that it was an oversight in the edition.

Arthur.
Well, I do do bother people that I shouldn't... but in my defense, I'm a (not at all successful) writer*, too so I sort of allow myself to bother "my colleagues" ;)

In this particular case, though, I happen to share a close friend with the author of the BBW scenarios, so I have an "in" there 8-)

*Some pretty successful RPG stuff for the FADING SUNS franchise, and a series of fantasy novels that I can't seem to interest a publisher with to save my life.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged