tddts
Topic Author

Saurian culture

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 21:17

I'm planning a little adventure in the swamps, but I've got a question about Saurian cultire, or rather about what they worship
GM guide says that Saurians "worship some kind of creatures that have been sighted from barges in the marsh".
So, what kind of creatures are those?
My first thought was that they could be worshipping some average animals, like crocodiles being sacred or whatnot, but they actually ride and eat those.
My other thought was that they could worship monsters, like Mire Drake, but then I noticed it actually feeds on Saurians
Also, in Raven's Purge, Saurians living in Stoneloom Mines are worshipping Marga, but it's limited to that exact location.
There are also "thunder beasts" in Graveyard of Thunder, which are also limited to a location.
I also remembered that giant lizard (or whatever that is) that Zertorme is riding, so maybe something like that?
It would be really useful to have some kind of FL bestiary, not with monsters, but with (un)usual animals you can encounter.
I guess I could invent whatever worship fits to a certain location and tribe.

Do you guys have any intersting takes on Saurian culture? Please share :)
Last edited by tddts on Thu 17 Aug 2023, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.

pellejones

Re: Saurian religion

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 22:41

In the City of Gold part 1, the saurians worship alligator people or gods. So that was my take on it at least.

tddts
Topic Author

Thu 17 Aug 2023, 22:34

In the City of Gold part 1, the saurians worship alligator people or gods. So that was my take on it at least.
I'm going to check it out.

Also, I noticed something:
In GM guide it says that Saurians are warm-blooded, but in Raven's Purge it says: "Since they are cold-blooded, Marga does not attack them".
The latter can be explained by them being "more or less demonified", but I don't even understand how do they manage to survive in those caves then...
Damn, I was trying to find answers and ended up with more questions =_=

pellejones

Thu 17 Aug 2023, 22:40

I'm going to check it out.
It is not very elaborate in it so don't get your hopes up. I will expand on it at some point and release a regular version of it I think.