Chimpy20
Topic Author

A bit confused with the map and stickers

Wed 26 Dec 2018, 19:20

New GM here again!

So I'm planning on starting a game soon with the PCs near the Hollows. I'm a bit confused whether that should be an existing village icon on the map provided, or whether I should add the sticker for it onto a blank hex. If it's an existing village symbol, do we put the Hollows sticker on top of it? If it's a blank hex, how do the PCs know where to go?

Also - some sites on the map have names already. Are there details on what these sites are somewhere, or are they just preset names and the site is randomly generated as usual?

Thanks in advance.

Fenhorn

Re: A bit confused with the map and stickers

Wed 26 Dec 2018, 19:56

The idea is that the players might hear rumours of a village in a certain location (the village adventure site symbols on the map) and when the players get there, you place a suitable sticker on the map (over the adventure site symbol). There is nothing that stops you from putting a sticker where you want or to just use a marker pen (to mark fords, etc).

Besides various names for regions and forests there are names for some ruins. These ruins are not adventure sites (unless you want them to be) but former villages that are now destroyed (technically they act as a terrain type).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore