Diesel_dejavu
Topic Author

Huge

Wed 26 Sep 2018, 19:32

The god. How do you pronounce it? Like huge (very large) or huggy (hugs a lot) or hūg-A or something else?? Thanks!

Brior

Re: Huge

Wed 26 Sep 2018, 19:53

The god. How do you pronounce it? Like huge (very large) or huggy (hugs a lot) or hūg-A or something else?? Thanks!
My intention was ”Huge” like very big (”Stor” in the Swedish version is ”Big”).
I tried to give most gods short names with a distinct and descriptive meaning.
(There are exceptions – I'm a big fan of exceptions ;-) )

Rasmus

Wed 26 Sep 2018, 23:45

Speaking of Gods an their names, why Rust and not Iron? Is there perhaps a hidden etymology behind the fact that these worshipers named their god after the corrosion of Iron?

Rymdhamster

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 01:08

Speaking of Gods an their names, why Rust and not Iron? Is there perhaps a hidden etymology behind the fact that these worshipers named their god after the corrosion of Iron?
Rust is red. Like blod.
(okay, not really like blod, but closer than iron at least =)

farwyl

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 10:03

I like the Swedish names of the gods a bit more, I think I'll use them in my campaign. :)

Rasmus

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 14:08

Rust is red. Like blod.
Well, then the origin of the name would be the fact that the iron idols corroded after excessive blood offerings. This created a short crisis of faith until a smart priest proclamed that its a sign that the God wants to be addressed as Rust henceforth. Everyone rejoiced and the blood offerings continued uninterupted. ;)

Come to think of it, I might go with this. Maybee use the gothic word for Iron (Eisarn) as the original name.

Rymdhamster

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 14:15

Rust is red. Like blod.
Well, then the origin of the name would be the fact that the iron idols corroded after excessive blood offerings. This created a short crisis of faith until a smart priest proclamed that its a sign that the God wants to be addressed as Rust henceforth. Everyone rejoiced and the blood offerings continued uninterupted. ;)

Come to think of it, I might go with this. Maybee use the gothic word for Iron (Eisarn) as the original name.
Or maybe the god was not happy untill the idols were so completly covered in blod that it looked as if they had all rusted.

Brior

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 14:29

Personally I think the name ”Rust” is pretty cool and I'm sure Ravenland theologians have written tons about the strong vs decaying aspects. I also like the red colour, the connection to life and blood via Heme and the beauty of corroding iron (unless on my car ;-) ).

Anybody noted an easter egg connected to this in the temple of Haggler's house?

Rasmus

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 14:46

Dont know if its what your refering to, but I love the inhabited idols. :) I also dont know what the spoiler rules are so I wont specify further.

Rymdhamster

Thu 27 Sep 2018, 15:17

Dont know if its what your refering to, but I love the inhabited idols. :) I also dont know what the spoiler rules are so I wont specify further.
As a player, I'd love it if spoilers were kept to a minimum and clearly marked =D