Forse
Topic Author

Question regarding language

Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:21

I think I have read somewhere that the game is written in swedish first, and then translated into english. Is this the case for all Fria Ligan games? I'm asking because I want to buy the swedish version, but I might buy the english version if the game is written in english first.

9littlebees

Re: Question regarding language

Tue 04 Sep 2018, 14:29

Yes, that is the case for Mutant Year Zero and Coriolis. Tales from the Loop and Forbidden Lands were written in Swedish and English at the same time. So if you want a Swedish version of any Fria Ligan game, you are sorted. Go to frialigan.se, where you can buy any of their titles in Swedish. Forbidden Lands isn't out yet, so that's why you won't see it there yet.
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

Eldhierta

Tue 04 Sep 2018, 20:50

I think I have read somewhere that the game is written in swedish first, and then translated into english. Is this the case for all Fria Ligan games? I'm asking because I want to buy the swedish version, but I might buy the english version if the game is written in english first.
Most of the game is written in Swedish and then translated to English. A couple adventure sites have been written by international authors, however, and have been translated from English to Swedish.

Nilo

Tue 04 Sep 2018, 21:16

Tales from the Loop was actually written in english and then translated to swedish. It was a stretchgoal /Nils- who translated his own texts... :) 

Forse
Topic Author

Wed 05 Sep 2018, 00:48

Hey again! Thanks for clearing this up for me. :)
Nice to hear that people from other countries are part of making stretchgoal contents!

Really looking forward to seeing this game. Think I will join the kickstarter so I can get my hands on pdfs early!