SingingFox
Topic Author

Any completion date given yet?

Sun 12 Aug 2018, 20:59

Hello!

I am a late backer through the pledgemanager and not Kickstarter. I love the fact that I could take an early part of the project, but with the downside that I can't read "backers only" marked updates on KS. Have Fria Ligan updated anything about the estimated release date for the game in any of their two latests updates? From the name of the latest update I can only assume that the beta version of the campaign book is what they are working on now. 

Thanks in advance!

9littlebees

Re: Any completion date given yet?

Mon 13 Aug 2018, 09:59

The beta for Raven's Purge was released in that update, so if you added that to your late pledge, send them an email and they'll ping a copy to you.

Anyway, here's a summary of their latest update:
"Two of us Free Leaguers spent the last weekend at Gen Con in Indianapolis - very busy but lots of fun meeting gamers and discussing Forbidden Lands and other games. Thanks to everyone who came by to say hi!

Now, jetlagged but full of energy despite the heatwave here in Sweden, we're back to work. For a variety of reasons including illness (nothing lethal though), we have some delays in the final production of Forbidden Lands. Almost everything has been sent to the printer, so we're getting there, but the main item that still remains to print is the Raven's Purge campaign book.

Today, you can download a complete Beta PDF of the 214-page book, written by Erik Granström and with lots of classic art by Nils Gulliksson and brand new art by Niklas Brandt.

[Links were then provided]

As before, please do comment on any errors or typos that you spot, directly in the dropbox web interface if you can or on the forums if you prefer. Note that some art still needs to be finalized, among it the Maha signs in Pelagia (Chapter 9).

We're in a bit of a hurry to send this off to print, so if you can, please send any feedback you have within the next two weeks (no later than Aug 22)."
So it looks like they might be able to start shipping in September or October.

Hope that helps!
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

SingingFox
Topic Author

Re: Any completion date given yet?

Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:40

That's perfect. Thank you so much for the help!