JohnJohn
Topic Author

Broken too fast?

Mon 21 May 2018, 07:47

Mind you I haven't played this in an actual game. It's only from theory craft and dice rolls.

Since people tend to have few HP(for lack of a better wire word) don't people die/become broken extremely fast.

Even with parry and some armor, simulated combat seems to end very fast.

How has it been for you guys that have played with the system?

Fenhorn

Re: Broken too fast?

Mon 21 May 2018, 10:39

That was a concern that I had when I heard that FL was about to make a fantasy game based on the MYZ game engine. But now when I have tested it I must say it works. In FbL it is much easier to parry/dodge that it was in MYZ and ranged weapons is not as lethal as they are in MYZ. The system is harsh, much more than in other fantasy games that I know of. During the alpha tests that we have done, my players have actually become broken less than in MYZ and I have been balancing the game in the same way that you do in MYZ (we don't have a GM book yet). Add to this that the setting isn't all hostile like it is in MYZ (most of the word is hostile there). I don't have any concern about this anymore and give it time, I am sure that my players will one day even will slay themselves a troll. One day.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

JohnJohn
Topic Author

Re: Broken too fast?

Mon 21 May 2018, 18:58

Ty @Fenhorn :)