hperantunes
Topic Author

The restless dead

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 00:15

Are the restless dead a phenomenon exclusive to the human villages in the Forbidden Lands or does it also affect other kin?

Does it happen in Alderland or Aslene? When did it start?

rcrowder

Re: The restless dead

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 07:24

I would personally have it affect all races, but it is probabaly exclusive to the Forbidden Lands.

The plot seeds in the Vale of the Dead imply that very few souls make it to the after life any more because of how Zygofers magic affected the life and death cycle in this realm.

The wall the seperates the FBL from the rest of the world probably also seals the magic away.  

If you ran an extended campaign and Zygofer or his ilk actualy won, if they were able to get past the great wall the corruption of the cycle of death would probabaly start affecting those lands as well.

hperantunes
Topic Author

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 23:17

That makes sense.

I'm then considering that different kin deal with their deceased in different ways, e.g. dwarfs cremate their dead so their souls can be reforged by Huge, saurians eat the corpses of their own, orcs learned with the dwarfs to cremate their warriors and leaders (but throw dead slaves off cliffs or into rivers)... but humans bury their dead - which would make at least walkers mostly a human problem.

mafusael

Wed 13 Feb 2019, 06:54

That makes sense.

I'm then considering that different kin deal with their deceased in different ways, e.g. dwarfs cremate their dead so their souls can be reforged by Huge, saurians eat the corpses of their own, orcs learned with the dwarfs to cremate their warriors and leaders (but throw dead slaves off cliffs or into rivers)... but humans bury their dead - which would make at least walkers mostly a human problem.
Very cool idea!
Custom GM Screen and Character Sheet for FbL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NTsVe ... YaBTUd9Rau

Klas

Sun 31 Mar 2019, 02:13

That makes sense.

Very cool idea!
I like this too. So far my players have only ran into human undead and I will probably keep it that way, mostly. It adds to the kin's bad reputation that their dead cause trouble.