AndersP
Topic Author

Stonegarden and dwarf PC (small spoilers ahead!).

Mon 07 Jan 2019, 15:45

I have a question about how other GM:s will handle dwarf PC and the Stonegarden adventure site. In the RP-book it is said that dwarfs that go down to "The deep" will have to lose their clan bonds forever, but what does this mean in detail?

It seems to me that it should be an important thing for dwarfs, but if it is too harsh no group with dwarfen PC:s will ever agree to go down so the cost of losing clan bonds cannot be too great for a dwarfen PC. Since I right now have two dwarfs it is something that could come up quite fast if the players happen to stumble upon the adventure site.

For me that means that they never again can inherit positions or valuables from relatives, or have any higher ranks in the dwarfen community. Is there any other aspects that you have thought about if a dwarf lose their clan bond?

Brior

Re: Stonegarden and dwarf PC (small spoilers ahead!).

Mon 07 Jan 2019, 19:25

While I don't have a clear-cut answer to your question, my advise would be to make an adventure of the problem in itself. Perhaps your dwarves will have to conceal their true identities on the mission (think Ivanhoe as the mysterious knight ”Desdichado” at the tournament), perhaps masking as orcs OR they get an offer to get adopted into another dwarven clan efterwards if they undertake the mission OR even get adopted by humans/elves (I'm deep into the Romans right now, and for instance Publius Clodius Pulcher let himself get adopted by a non-patrician ”father” (younger then himself) in order to be eligible for a tribunate. Romans did stuff like this all the time to circumvent formal problems). OR the dwarves will have to make the sacrifice of their clanship and become legendary rouges, rewarded for having done what someone had to do but few dared. To summarize, I see potential rather than a problem.