andarp

Re: Dwarves

Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:49

Personally I was relieved when I saw that there was almost no darkvision for player races. I always dislike it in eg D&D where darkness is often hand-waved away with "most of you have darkvision and the human has a light spell so... lets just ignore darkness completely from now on, OK?". Darkness is such a very important and strong part of all lives and cultures. The darkness hides terror, the darkness shields the stalkers and traps the hapless victim in a state of disabled panic. It also makes dungeon delving a lot more dangerous and tentative compared to exploring a castle ruin bathed in daylight.

The goblins having darkvision then is a unique and really useful trait, setting them apart from most other races and making them excellent underground explorers and stalkers.

Dwarves being bullheaded and just forcing themselves to be dependent on furnaces and oil to light their underground kingdoms is just great to me and fits with their industrious ways.

The1TrueFredrix

Sat 05 Jan 2019, 12:58

What agility cost is that? 
In the GM's Guide the Goblin's Nocturnal ability say that they are not affected by darkness at all. In direct daylight, they suffer 1 point of damage to Agility every Quarter Day.
A gottcha. I don't read the GM-guide for obvious reasons =)

Well, then the reason there is an agility cost is in case the PCs run into goblin attackers. Run into them late in the day and they will be that much weaker. Nothing strange there. 

Obviously the PC-goblin is a domesticated version. Or have just gotten used to the daylight after haging out with daypeople for too long ;)
Though it would be cool with an official declaration weather or not this as intended, or if it is a miss. 
Funnily enough I we we were both involved in a similar discussion last year: http://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php ... lit=Goblin
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Rymdhamster

Sat 05 Jan 2019, 18:23

In the GM's Guide the Goblin's Nocturnal ability say that they are not affected by darkness at all. In direct daylight, they suffer 1 point of damage to Agility every Quarter Day.
A gottcha. I don't read the GM-guide for obvious reasons =)

Well, then the reason there is an agility cost is in case the PCs run into goblin attackers. Run into them late in the day and they will be that much weaker. Nothing strange there. 

Obviously the PC-goblin is a domesticated version. Or have just gotten used to the daylight after haging out with daypeople for too long ;)
Though it would be cool with an official declaration weather or not this as intended, or if it is a miss. 
Funnily enough I we we were both involved in a similar discussion last year: http://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php ... lit=Goblin
If we do it agan next year it will become a tradition, and must then forth be done once every year ;)
Planning on testing Star Ctizien?

Referral code STAR-WVBX-F6QB gives you 5000 extra space bucks to start with (and me a chance of getting a new ship).